Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 7:01:04 PM EDT
I have an Inland Carbine that I am considering selling in order to buy another AR.  It has good issue wood, 50% finish but no rust damage, bore has strong rifling and is shiny but is pitted somewhat, accuracy is only so so but beer cans are dead meat out to 50 yards.  Anyone have an estimate on what this might be worth?  I'm not interested in book value so much as what I could concivable sell it for.

P.S. Serial numbers do not match either
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Around $500 to start.  I paid $508 for mine about 2 months ago.  Since then I have replaced the bolt, trigger, and slide.  With these changes mines is probably 95%, and all the parts are Inland.  At the very best I would say $600, because that's about what mine is worth now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
HOLY CRAP!!!!   when i was 15 (a scant 13 years ago) the local WoolWorth had a barrel full and i had to root through the barrel to find 2 "good ones" gave my dad the money and he bought them for me. $100 a piece. one is an inland the other is an IBM. ive been thinking of getting rid of one also since its actually more expensive to feed than an AR. which one should be more valuable "ceteris parabis" im thinking the IBM is worth more....
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
IBM, Winchester, Rockola, and Saganaw (sp?) run from $600 up to $1000.  It's insane.  I wanted a Winchester till I saw the prices.  For a beater Inland, expect to pay about $350, on the bottom end.

I hate thinking about past "should haves".  My uncle had the opportunity to buy a HK 91 for $350 back in the mid 80s.  I still rag on him about that every once in a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top