Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2001 6:45:06 PM EDT
ok now tell me if my idea is correct
now im only a yung un but it seems to me that the .50bmg is becoming more popular and less expensive so is it only a matter of time before a dumb ass comes up with the idea that they are going to cause serious "harm" if you will

this would do away with the pro 50 peoples main argument besides "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

what are you guys thoughts
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They already say that, don't they?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
ok so why dont the 50 manufactures keep the price above say 3500 dollars and keep them over 35 lbs and 6.5 ft long this would make them very unapealing to criminals there for they would have no reason whatsoever to ban them
is there any other ideas
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Yeah.... RIIIIGHT.  They do this already.  Try buying a class 3.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The .50 has use as a long range sniper weapon, and can penetrate about anything. Not useful for hunting, unless its whaling. Not many hunters will fight to protect this one because its really not a deer rifle. Thats the problem. Its easy to pick off the stragglers from the herd. But it won't stop there. Next it will be ALL non-sporting rifles. Then it will be ALL autoloaders. Then some guy in a hat shoots a kid or a fat woman talk show host pushing a shopping cart full of Ho-Ho's, Twinkies, and tin-dinners with a single shot shotgun. Then we'll be left with .22 rimfire. Gotta fight for the big 50. I win the lottery, I buy one and the reloading gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top