Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2001 10:03:25 AM EDT
If I put a telescoping stock on my pre-ban (in the collapsed position)would it be short enough to be used as a youth rifle???
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
That would depend on how big the youth is.  I personally would prefer a good .22 for my boys.  As you are Wis and have Dunhams sports there.  I would let you in on the deal of the decade.  Romanian .22 bolt action trainers for $59.  Well built and very accurate.  I bought one for each of my boys, and one for me.  Just my feeling but I think my kids can get by on rimfire until they can buy their own.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Mulder its worked for my and my 9 year old nephew

its a good excuse to buy a 22lr conversion kit too
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Started out my then 6 year old boy with a .22 Chipmunk.  Was just the right size for him.  I also have a dedicated .22 upper that I put on a pre-ban BM with a collapsible stock that he really enjoys.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought my son a Crickett .22 www.crickett.com

One of my ARs with a collapsed telestock is also the right length for him, but it's too muzzle heavy for him to shoot easily.  I plan on building him up an AR with the lightest components I can find when I move him to centerfire.

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I did that for my boy when he was 9 and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top