Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2001 5:11:53 PM EDT
What sling does the military special op teams use for thier m4 carbines?  From what i have seen, it looks like there is a two piece sling.  I dont know.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 2:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Who sells the HK Tactical slings for AR-15's?
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The Army issues a sling specifically for the M-4 which is the same material as the standard M-16 sling - just twice as long for carrying in the ready position with the top-sling adapter kit. I would imagine aftermarket products are better and special operations have more opportunites to "local purchase" items not in the supply system. Jon
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
AH-HA!
i have been on the trail of the elusive extended m-4 sling for some time now.

close examination of many many pics has confirmed it's existense. i just can't get anyone active to talk about it. top secret.

i finaly talked a vendor at a gun show to cut me several 6 footers from the reel of cordura he has (6' is plenty long enough, trust me). my carbine toting friends and i are pleased. it's all the sling you'll ever need.
have tried many 3-point slings, and even made a few myself. they have their place (my fav is the brit one for the l-85). just not on a weapon you may need to shoot weakside.

the hk iterations have tednancy to disconnect themselves at the rear swivel, dumping the butt of the weapon on the deck with the muzzle pointing at your HEAD! very embarrasing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The sling is part of SOPMOD Block 1 and are assembled in house at NSWC Crane.  There are none on the open market.  Most of the shooters use pieces of the sling kit and make what they want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top