Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2002 12:39:26 PM EDT
What is a Beretta BM 62 worth?  How much different from a Springfield BM 59 or 62 or for that matter a Springfield Tanker?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield imported quite a few Beretta BM 59s and also 62s. The Beretta/Springfield are the same gun as far as I know, but I believe a different importer may have brought some into the country before Springfield.

There is a difference in the 59, which was sold in full battle rifle trim, with bipod and flash hider, and the 62, which has a shorter barrel, no bipod and no flash hider (can't recall what they called that thing on the end of the barrel, but it ain't a flash hider!). Had a 62 for several years and finally let a friend talk me out of it...wish I had it back now. I have seen two for sale in excellent condition for $1400 asking price, but I do not know if that is average, high or low. They use a different magazine from the M14/M1A and these are hard to find.

They are much better guns than the M1As made on Springfield cast receivers, and their quality is superb. Hell, the magazine itself is almost a work of art.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top