Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2001 10:03:39 AM EDT
... come down to the levels pre-9/11???

I'm going to buy three Bushmaster shorties for each of my three sons.  If you've got ideas for getting the best deal on a purchase like this, let me know.....

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, I'll start.  Boy I wish YOU were MY Dad!

I'd buy these from your local merchant machine-gun dealer, who sells to terrorists out of his trunk.

Which all just to say:

BTT
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Boy, I wish you were MY dad!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
They seemed to have leveled off a bit.  Just a thought  buy three different configurations.  Each boy will have the ability to switch an upper and find one he may like.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
until you end up with 2 that want a disapator or the m4 upper.  Then you have problems.  I'd go with the plain Jane 20 incher and let them have fun building new ones themselves.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'm thinking now that I'll get 2 M17S Bullpups, and 1 AR.

Son # 1 wants my AR when I die, so I figure I'll give him a Bullpup now, so he's not stuck with 2 AR's.

Son # 2 is in the Army, so he won't be that excited about an AR (after having his own full-spray M4), so I'll give him my AK47 when I kick the bucket, and give him a Bullpup now.

Son #3 wants my Marlin 1894P lever gun when I'm history, so I'll give him an AR now.

That way they won't end up with two of the same guns. Variety is the spice of life.  On the other hand, you might argue that no one ever had too many AR's!

I won't give them a rifle until they pass a life milestone.  #1 is an engineering student, so I'll give him his when he graduates.  #2 may get his when he gets through Airborne school.  #3 is just in 8th grade, so he's got a long wait ahead.

Meanwhile, I'm stockpiling magazines for their guns.

(I'm not planning on keeling over soon, just thinking ahead!)
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi, my name is Alex and I sorely need a father like you.

I must say that you are a wonderful person,(what was your name again), and I could use another AR15.

When you purchase so called AR15 could you please allocate some funds to move me out of Cali and into your home state.

Oh, and once again you are my personal hero. You are my G.I.JOE. All American Hero..

Please....

Please....

Please....
Alex
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#7]
gees Alexanderhook.... laying it on thick aren't ya...

I think you have a well laid out plan.  

You sound like your just bouncing your idea off of us, and theres nothing wrong with that. Of course you may just be bragging.. showing us how generous a father you are... Reminding the rest of us how tight fisted our fathers are....

Alexanderhook your gona have to fight me for this one! At the park after school mister!

On a serious note... one hell of an idea. Way to go dad.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Of course you may just be bragging.. showing us how generous a father you are... Reminding the rest of us how tight fisted our fathers are....

On a serious note... one hell of an idea. Way to go dad.

Oh please. Bragging?  There's folks around here with a lot to brag about, arsenal wise!  I just have a few guns.  

I feel that the ownership of fine firearms is a privilege that we may be losing.  I'm not rich.  I'm going deeper into hock to do this.  But I think these boys will be very happy with the investment.

Thanks for the kind words.

Keep yer powder dry...

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, I'm thinking now that I'll get 2 M17S Bullpups, and 1 AR.

Ick.  The M17S is fun, but not what I'd consider a serious firearm.  There are much better bull-pups, provided they are a bit more expensive.

Son # 1 wants my AR when I die, so I figure I'll give him a Bullpup now, so he's not stuck with 2 AR's.

Stuck with two AR's?  Man, what a dilemma that must be!

I'd just get them all AR's and be done with it.  BTW, the life milestone thing is a good idea.  I'm giving my little brother an AR-15 when he graduates from high school because that will be an acomplishment for him.  He's super smart (180 on his last IQ test), but he's so damn lazy it's not even funny.  His severe dyslexia hasn't exactly helped either.  However, he dug shooting my friends Class III Bushmaster and my AR that I told him if he does his work and gets the heck out of there I'll buy him his own rifle.  All he has to do is pass and graduate on time and hope that they don't do something stupid like raise the rifle age to 21.  If/when he graduates college, I'll buy him a registered DIAS.  Motivation through guns!

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ick.  The M17S is fun, but not what I'd consider a serious firearm.  There are much better bull-pups, provided they are a bit more expensive.

Like what?  I like the M17S handling, and the fact that so many internals are AR, as well as mags.  A lot of notes from happy owners in the Bushmaster forum.

I can't afford a Steyr AUG, much less three!  That only leaves the pukie Mini-14 bullpup kits, not exactly an heirloom.  I owned a Mini-14 once, and was happily rid of that piece of junk.

I may go back to the all-AR idea, just for the switch-ability of uppers.

I would still like some input on where is the best place to buy 'em new.

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I am giving my son an National Match M1A provided he keeps his grades up. The little bugger actually had the chutzpah to ask for a new Camoflaged McMillan Synthetic Stock to go with it, when I made him the "deal".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top