Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2001 5:16:06 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm probably going to buy a Springfield Armory 1911 today and need a price check.  I know they've seemed to have increased in price over the last few months, so is a good price for a stainless and parkerized loaded model.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a stainless Loaded model for about $660, the one with the target sights, a buddy got for like $695.  The parkerized are probably a little more.  

Very nice peice.  Never had a problem with mine, no jams ever with any kind of ammo, including handloads.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah, I know someone will tell me to go to the handgun forums on the handgun site.  Sorry, but that site just ain't working.  I go there alot but it seems like I'm one of the very few who do.  The site is a great ideal and I wish more folks would use it, but right now they don't.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks AR15FENCER.  That was what I had in mind for a stainless model.  Be cool.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
$600 FOR a stainless "loaded". bought one month ago.

park is less money, not more.

I concur...about $600 for a stainless Government "loaded."  About $525 for a parkerized, and $550-$575 for blued (my favorite, but stainless finish holds up better in carry situations).
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys.  I went with a Kimber Custom Classic in blue for $680.  I can't stand the internal locks on the Springfield.  I love the Kimber anyway.  I put 100rds of CCI blazer thru it yesterday and today I have 200rds of Winchester to go thru.  This makes for a very nice addition to my Glock 19 and Beretta 92FS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I take it that the LEGP Springfeild 1911 deal wasn't to your tast?  Or no one mentioned it....

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I hadn't heard about Kaliburz and quiet frankly I would not have been interested.  I paid a little too much for the Kimber, but I got a 90 days same as cash deal on it plus I left the gun store with pistol in hand.  I don't pay attention to the LEGP on this site, or any other site for that matter.  Besides, I like to look at something before I buy it and and take it home that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top