Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2001 4:08:13 PM EDT
I am ready to order a Springfield Armory 1911 from my local dealer,but can't decide on the full size or long slide. They are both the target models,with adj.site,triggers,etc.

Anyone here own a long slide, and can tell me if there is much handling differance. I am leaning toward the long slide for the improved accuracy, but I don't want to be stuck with something that handles like a brick.

Thanks........Greg
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the USPSA / IPSC Limited class winners.
Usually, It's a 5'' hi-cap 1911 type gun.
Get the regular 1911, it will handle and shoot better than you can imagine.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Never seen anyone have luck with a longslide.  John Moses said five inches, that's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't your Daddy ever tell you that "Bigger is Better"!  LOL  I love the longslide!  It really isn't that much bigger anyway.  Sweet shooting gun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top