Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 2:35:07 PM EDT
New to the Board and building my first AR.  Can someone please help me to locate a dealer to purchase a Bushmaster Strip Lower Receiver - @ how much should I expect to pay?

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
ICU

If yopu are looking for a place that will do FFL transfers, you can check these guys out. If you are just looking to purchase the lower locally, they might also have something in stock.
About 50 miles north of Albany (Queensbury) is a place called "Instant Replay Sports". He will do a transfer for $10.00, and he is a stand-up guy.
I'm sure that B&T on Central Ave. does 'em also.
Zack's Sports in Round Lake does them, but they will charge you 25% (if I remember correctly) if the item being transfered is coming from a dealer. Needless to say, they will not be doing any transfers for me.
Hope that helps.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
try the ffl search at www.gunbroker.com
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to AR15.com ICU!

B&J on Central Ave (Rte 5) in Colonie might actually have what you're looking for in stock.  I know they have complete Bushy lowers for sale.  Not a big fan of B&J myself.

Accurate Arms on Rte 5 in Schenectady (down the road from B&J) will do transfers for $25.  I did one through them.  Decent to deal with.

Zack's Sports on Rte 9 in Round Lake will also do transfers for $25, not 25%.  Did one through him too.  By the way, Kevin, the owner of Zack's is one of the nicer dealers too.  He treats you like he appreciates your business, not that you're inconveniencing him like many other dealers will.

The Pistol Parlor in East Greenbush (across the river from Albany) will do transfers for $30.  Never did one through them, the one time I was going to, the deal fell through.  Decent guys to deal with too.

Hope that helps some ICU.  If you have any additional questions, feel free to e-mail me.  Good luck with the AR.

B MAN
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, not trying to bad mouth Zack's, but my last visit there left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
I WAS told 25%, and it was followed by a look that suggested that they did not appreciate the idea of me "using" them to buy from another dealer. It was not Kevin, by the way.
Guess what?! When Zack's will sell me a preban lower for $375.00, I will buy it from them. Otherwise, I will purchase it elsewhere, and have it transferred.
I could understand it if I just strolled in one day asking about a transfer, but I have spent a fair amount of money there, and did not appreciate the attitude.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top