Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 6:52:10 PM EDT
Topic says it all.

Looking for something to shoot with in winter.

Your suggestions, as well as websites and prices would be appreciated.

I think I'm less than four weeks away from needing some protection for my digits....
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Cabela's fall or winter catalog.  They've got pages of shooting gloves.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair made by Hatch.  They are insulated, black and have leather lined palms and fingers, except the index finger has no leather to allow better trigger feel.  They were about $35 if I recall.  The cheap way out is a pair of Rag wool or fleece gloves with a leather palm / fingers.  You can then remove the leather from your trigger finger.  Works fine (what I used to use before I found the Hatch gloves) and cheap too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a pair of U.S. Mil surplus gloves at my local army surplus store.  They're a mitten/glove arrangement, with a seperate thumb and seperate trigger finger.  The liner is removable.  Without liner I think they are rated to 10 degrees, with liner, down to -20 or so.  They also have a long neck with a tie off, so they're great for pulling on over a jacket, then tying down so snow doesn't work it's way up your sleave.

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have something for you to wear this winter that will keep your hands warm. Arizona sunshine. A nice winter afternoon is about 70 degrees. New Years Day we shoot in T-shirts and NO gloves.
So come on down and leave those nasty gloves at home.
Rats
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What's winter?

It was nearly 80 here today...
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I use some from Cabelas........."extreme" or "White-tail extreme".....something like that.

Anyhow.....Gortex and Thinsulate, wrist straps and very high cuffs that draw tight...also leather palmed and leather shooting finger, right or left..... made form a very quiet brushed cotton/nylon sort of material........mine are in Advantage.

They ran me about $40-$45 a pair last year this time.

Very very warm and very comfortable.

Also very wind-proof as I use mine form 4-wheeler riding in extreme conditions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Hatch - I have some of the LEO "search" type gloves. Nylon lined, all leather, elastic cuff around the wrist. Warm enough for most situations. Thin enough for a postive feel.

enter Hatch gloves at:

www.google.com
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Cabela's has a fleece-lined neoprene glove that is really the cat's ass.  Absolutely waterproof, retains body heat well because the neoprene is closed-cell like a wetsuit.  Has a little slit for your trigger finger to stick thru.

shooter
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]

These are the best things I have come across to keep the paws warm while hunting.  I use them hunting for everything.  The rubber pad gives good grip, so no worry about loss of gripping.
Keeps your fingers warm and you still have a completely unobstructed flesh on trigger.  The cover velcros to the back of your hand.  There are many different brands with the same construction.  Go for around $16.  Thinsulate.

Neoprene gloves are my second choice.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top