Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2001 9:23:30 AM EDT
Heard about a pistol called  a "Thunder Five". I shoots .410, 45LC, and 45/70 gov. It is a revolver that hold any combination of these rounds, five total. Does anyone own one and what do you think about it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Heard about a pistol called  a "Thunder Five". I shoots .410, 45LC, and 45/70 gov. It is a revolver that hold any combination of these rounds, five total. Does anyone own one and what do you think about it?

I don't own one but I have sold & shot them. I strongly suggest you avoid the 45/70 model. A bit of trivia is that the Thunder Five is the only revolver with a safety.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw one in person for the first time today at a gun show.  It is a lot bigger than it looks on their website.  

Unfortunately, I didn't play touchy-feely with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't own one but I have sold & shot them. I strongly suggest you avoid the 45/70 model. A bit of trivia is that the Thunder Five is the only revolver with a safety.

Not true! I fondled a Heritage single action today at the Melbourne gun show that clearly had a safety on it. It was a hammer block deal with a lever on the left side.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The Thunder Five has two models.  One chambers for the 45LC/.410 rounds.  The second one chambers for the 45/70.  I have seen one shot the 45/70 round.  Coming from a real short barrel.  The flame was like two feet long during a real bright and sunny day.  I consider the Thunder Five as a shooting paperweight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
This pistol had a semi starring role in the film 3 Kings.  Probably at Blockbuster.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw a couple at gun shops, but didn't handle them.
www.thunder5.com
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Have seen it discussed in magazines, but have never seen one. If I really wanted a revolver that worked with multiple calibers( beyond your average 38 spc/ 357 Mag diversity), I think I'd lean more towards the Medussa.
www.phillipsrodgers.com/Medusa.htm

Thats some real caliber diversity!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top