Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2023 8:21:56 PM EDT
I picked up a Marcolmar CETME L a couple of weeks ago and fired it for the first time on Sunday.  Overall I really like the gun.  The construction, fit, and finish is top notch in my opinion.  I also had no feeding or ejection issues with 6 different magazines I tried, including a Gen 1 20rd PMAG.  My only problem was in attempting to eject an unfired round from the rifle.  The bolt doesn't go back far enough and the ejection port isn't wide enough for an unfired round to eject.

I just put together a dummy round to try again at home, and I'm not sure if there's a way to do this.  I chambered the dummy round, removed the magazine, pulled the bolt back and locked it, and then tried to push it down and out the magazine well.  I could not get the extractor to let loose of the round using very firm finger pressure, and I didn't want to try and hammer it out either.  In the end I had to field strip the gun to get it out.

Has anyone else run into this issue?  Am I doing something wrong or is there some other trick to doing it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't read e correctly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, interesting!
I have one also but haven’t shot it enough.
Next time I have it out to shoot I’ll try this out.
Tagging this post to see what others have to say about this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the safety on.... The Manual says to "sharply" pull back the charging handle.  

So maybe try some extra force ?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the safety on.... The Manual says to "sharply" pull back the charging handle.  

So maybe try some extra force ?
View Quote

Well, that did it, although having the safety on or off doesn't matter.  It's not how hard you pull back, but how hard and how fast.  I think the bolt needs some momentum to go just a little further back than the charging handle itself can pull it.  Glad that my only complaint for this rifle is now cleared up.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top