Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2020 5:29:01 AM EDT
I have a few New England Firearms shotguns and I have been wanting to get some rifle barrels for them. I was wondering if anyone makes an aftermarket rifle barrel for them. How about a muzzle loader barrel?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a few New England Firearms shotguns and I have been wanting to get some rifle barrels for them. I was wondering if anyone makes an aftermarket rifle barrel for them. How about a muzzle loader barrel?
View Quote

The shotgun frames are different. They have sb1 and sb2. Most the shotguns can’t handle full rifle calibers. If there’s something specific you can have your barrel converted with a stub or liner. My .270 was turned into 357 max. I have another that will become 45 colt .
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#2]
There are companies who "stub" barrels. You could have a stub done and have several barrels that fit that 1 stub.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I keep hoping that CDNN will blow out a bunch of New England left over handi rifle barrels from when Remington liquidated all their assets in New York.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
graybeard outdoors is the site you seek; need to register an account to buy.

prices are going up alot on these, especially 30-30, .223 & other popular stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Shotguns have the SB1 frame; rifles are SB2. From what I understand the SB2 is beefed up for rifle pressures. I've heard of folks putting different barrels on them, but there is usually a lot of fitting involved. A shame in the 21st Century that they can't turn out something that is plug and play. There's a lot to be said for a simple single-shot rifle/shotgun. HR/NEF could have given T/C a run if they had offered barrels for sale that you could just throw on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#6]
fitting a barrel that was not originally on the frame isn't that hard; there's tutorials on GBO covering that;
you used to be able to send the frame back to get a factory barrel installed/fitted, but i don't think u can do that anymore

i've had dozens of barrels on different frames & never had that much of an issue; all shot great for hunting

it usually involves shimming the handguard; there's other tips to increase accuracy that are low/no cost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top