BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 1 of 102)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 102
Posted: 9/9/2018 9:35:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Old_Painless]
For those interested, it appears that Bren 2 is shipping to distributors. There are a few on Gunbroker and the prices are reasonable. Who else is looking forward this?
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AssaultRecon28:
Question for the HBI handguard owners out there because I’m torn between Gen 1 and 2. Has anyone had problems with the extended gas key? I hate to change from factory but am also not a fan of the cutout and removable rail section on the Gen 2
View Quote

No i have not. But then again I haven't touched it since i installed it and turned it to the "off" setting (which i have drilled for a suppressor).
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. I just read through several of these pages. Lots of fireworks.

A LGS near me just got a Bren M2S carbine (16” model with the long handguard). They want $2200.

It would appear I would need the gas plug drilled for suppressed use. The trigger felt good, and I actually liked the bolt release inside of the trigger guard.

My concern are some of the customer service issues I’ve read on this thread. Moreover, spare parts are another issue. I cannot locate anywhere that sells spare bolts, firing pins etc for this rifle. It would be nice if CZ had a forum here to address these issues, much like other AR manufacturers.

Thoughts?

Thanks as always
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By themao:
Wow. I just read through several of these pages. Lots of fireworks.

A LGS near me just got a Bren M2S carbine (16” model with the long handguard). They want $2200.

It would appear I would need the gas plug drilled for suppressed use. The trigger felt good, and I actually liked the bolt release inside of the trigger guard.

My concern are some of the customer service issues I’ve read on this thread. Moreover, spare parts are another issue. I cannot locate anywhere that sells spare bolts, firing pins etc for this rifle. It would be nice if CZ had a forum here to address these issues, much like other AR manufacturers.

Thoughts?

Thanks as always
View Quote

What caliber?  The 5.56 16” carbines have a different gas plug than the shorter barrel pistols and it includes a suppressed setting.  Don’t know if it’s the same on the 7.62 versions.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone confirm the torque specs for barrel screws? Read 45 in-lb elsewhere but want to be sure. Thank you all.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:45:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#5]
Originally Posted By FriendlyLocalYugo:
Can anyone confirm the torque specs for barrel screws? Read 45 in-lb elsewhere but want to be sure. Thank you all.
View Quote

For the HBI handguard, it's 45 in/lb
The factory spec is 70 in/lb

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#6]
5.56 nato. My understanding was there is a normal setting, adverse and off.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Order one online if you can.  Online they're going for just over $1,800 at some places.  $2,200 is a bit much for one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:39:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#8]
View Quote

Not for the 16” carbine.  Those were the settings for the shorter barreled pistols.  The middle setting on the 5.56 carbine is suppressed.

Explained here.

CZ Bren 2 Carbine gas system explained: Running a silencer

Also, I have a 5.56 carbine, my middle gas plug setting is marked “T”, and it’s port is smaller than the normal setting just like in the video.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

There is a suppressed setting, but it'll still be overgassed with most 5.56 suppressors.  I was shooting my carbine this morning with a Turbo T2 in the suppressed setting.  It's pretty gassy with ejection at 2 o'clock.  I'm going to send my gas plug to HBI and have them drill a smaller port in the off position.

Mine is reliable, but you need to understand it's going to be a 3-4 MOA rifle with most ammo.

I finally worked up a load with 77 SMK's and Tac that shoots 1.5 MOA repeatedly.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:40:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#10]
Does anyone know anything about this brace adapter? It allows the use of the Strongarm brace. It was posted on the CZ forum a year ago, but no information was given. Nicest adapter I've seen!

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:
Does anyone know anything about this brace adapter? It allows the use of the Strongarm brace. It was posted on the CZ forum a year ago, but no information was given. Nicest adapter I've seen!

https://imagehost.vendio.com/a/11242007/amotophotoalbum/brenbrace.jpg
View Quote

I remember seeing that setup. They had a website and sold some but I believe, fizzled out. Can't find it anywhere now.

The next best thing is the Haga tailhook adapter that fits on the factory stocks.

Link

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

I remember seeing that setup. They had a website and sold some but I believe, fizzled out. Can't find it anywhere now.

The next best thing is the Haga tailhook adapter that fits on the factory stocks.

Link

View Quote

That's the direction I went.  Works great.

Link Posted: 11/3/2021 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, I just got out of the hospital and reading on a screen is still tough. Is there a post that summarizes the known problems/solutions with the x39 guns? Could someone give me a cliffs notes on what's wrong with the x39 guns?
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 11:57:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tfdarchos] [#14]
TLDR version:
FTE issues start popping up from various members.(May/June 2020)

Guns sent back, CZ says its because we didn't clean our guns properly.

Guns malfunction again.

Guns sent back, CZ doubles down saying it's bad ammo (lacquer cases).

Guns malfunction again with brass/high quality ammo.

Guns sent back, some of us get replacement guns.

Replacements have same issues, CZ holds on to all Guns they have that were sent in (Sept/Oct 2020)

CZ offers ro replace any 7.62x39 gun with 5.56, refund or you can wait for them to fix.(Oct/Nov 2020)

CZ takes Months to write checks to people who wanted refunds, even longer to replace with 5.56 guns.

CZ is terrible at responding to inquiries, no updates for months.

HBI offers port drilling for suppressed use and high load piston spring. Fixes some users FTE issues. (Mine still has FTE with high load spring and port drilling)

User on FB/reddit provides service to rework gas valve, reports are fairly positive.(summer 2021)

CZ states that they are close to releasing fix as they feel they have found issue. (June 2021)

CZ contacted again about release of the fix, says they have no idea when it will be released. (Sept 2021)

Feel free to add to this timeline if I missed anything major.

Ok, not so TLDR
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tfdarchos:
TLDR version:

Ok, not so TLDR
View Quote

Thanks for the writeup!
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#16]
So I take it the issues aren’t resolved with the 76239 version since no carbine versions have hit the market yet
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:26:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tfdarchos] [#17]
No, not even close to being fixed.

Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the x39 version since it's been well over a year without any fix.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the x39 version since it's been well over a year without any fix.
View Quote

I don't see that.  Have we heard any reports of the GIGN having problems with their Bren 2s or switching to something else?   I think COVID has messed up CZ.  Whatever the problem may be, it really shouldn't be that hard to work out.  Thus, the immense frustration.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

I don't see that.  Have we heard any reports of the GIGN having problems with their Bren 2s or switching to something else?   I think COVID has messed up CZ.  Whatever the problem may be, it really shouldn't be that hard to work out.  Thus, the immense frustration.
View Quote

GIGN military version is completely different Bolt carrier group. gas block and gas valves. Not an equal comparison
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 10:47:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tfdarchos] [#20]
No reports from the GIGN, but their version of the Bren 2 does have a few differences from ours. (Recoil assembly etc.)

You are 100% right.....It should be an easy fix, and yes while covid has affected supply chains, they managed to bring out a new pistol.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:18:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#21]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

GIGN military version is completely different Bolt carrier group. gas block and gas valves. Not an equal comparison
View Quote

That's the point.  They essentially have a working template.  They just need to adapt it to the semi-auto platform.   I suspect it will happen and COVID has effected CZ's ability to turn the project.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a CZ apologist.   But little else makes real sense to explain the delay.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 10:22:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kian503] [#22]

View Quote

I agree.   So if our guns have been there for over a year now with no fix and they are discontinued then should'nt CZ not just say so and offer us refunds or am I just confused as usual?
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:54:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#23]
TLDR version:
FTE issues start popping up from various members.(May/June 2020)

Guns sent back, CZ says its because we didn't clean our guns properly.

Guns malfunction again.

Guns sent back, CZ doubles down saying it's bad ammo (lacquer cases).

Guns malfunction again with brass/high quality ammo.

Guns sent back, some of us get replacement guns.

Replacements have same issues, CZ holds on to all Guns they have that were sent in (Sept/Oct 2020)

CZ offers ro replace any 7.62x39 gun with 5.56, refund or you can wait for them to fix.(Oct/Nov 2020)

CZ takes Months to write checks to people who wanted refunds, even longer to replace with 5.56 guns.

CZ is terrible at responding to inquiries, no updates for months.

HBI offers port drilling for suppressed use and high load piston spring. Fixes some users FTE issues. (Mine still has FTE with high load spring and port drilling)

User on FB/reddit provides service to rework gas valve, reports are fairly positive.(summer 2021)

CZ states that they are close to releasing fix as they feel they have found issue. (June 2021)

CZ contacted again about release of the fix, says they have no idea when it will be released. (Sept 2021)

Feel free to add to this timeline if I missed anything major.

Ok, not so TLDR
View Quote

Wow, I haven't been following this thread too closely and I had no idea that things were going that badly with the commercial Bren 2.

I was interested enough to possibly get one of these IF the rifles actually stayed true to the military versions of the rifle, but the heavy-ish barreled carbine they released had me loose most interest in the Bren 2.

I see that the SCAR now has a non reciprocating charging handle... I imagine that that's a move FN made in an effort to better compete with the Bren 2, so it's not all bad I guess. I still think the Bren 2 (at least the actual military version) is better than the SCAR.

Kinda interesting that CZ is loosing touch after they bought Colt... I thought it was a move that would turn Colt around, but instead it appears that Colt is so cursed that it's bringing down CZ!
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 12:29:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#24]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

Wow, I haven't been following this thread too closely and I had no idea that things were going that badly with the commercial Bren 2.

I was interested enough to possibly get one of these IF the rifles actually stayed true to the military versions of the rifle, but the heavy-ish barreled carbine they released had me loose most interest in the Bren 2.

I see that the SCAR now has a non reciprocating charging handle... I imagine that that's a move FN made in an effort to better compete with the Bren 2, so it's not all bad I guess. I still think the Bren 2 (at least the actual military version) is better than the SCAR.

Kinda interesting that CZ is loosing touch after they bought Colt... I thought it was a move that would turn Colt around, but instead it appears that Colt is so cursed that it's bringing down CZ!
View Quote

To be clear, the issues appear limited to 7.62x39 civilian guns.  The 556 guns are running very well by all accounts I've seen.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#25]

To be clear, the issues appear limited to 7.62x29 civilian guns.  The 556 guns are running very well by all accounts I've seen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

To be clear, the issues appear limited to 7.62x29 civilian guns.  The 556 guns are running very well by all accounts I've seen.

Yes, that's what I understand and that's where my interest would be is with the 5.56 guns. My only reason for loosing some interest in it is because the commercial variant doesn't resemble the military model at all... The barrel is too heavy, the handguards are too long and it has the stock that is made for the .308 model. Unless I'm mistaken and the stock was an upgrade that went to all Bren 2s including the 5.56 military models? I just haven't kept up enough to know.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Bren 2 waffle stocks and handguards in the E.E.

Bren 2 Parts

Link Posted: 11/9/2021 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Who has two thumbs and just realized malkoff head on 300 series surefire body won't fit the predrilled holes on the old style short HBI handguard?  This guy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#28]
My current configuration. Waiting on Sandman-S then calling it done.

Link Posted: 11/10/2021 8:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#29]
Originally Posted By DT120:
My current configuration. Waiting on Sandman-S then calling it done.

https://i.imgur.com/NnEAJus.jpg
View Quote

@DT120

Pretty rad!

Link Posted: 11/12/2021 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I replaced enough parts to fix my 7.62.

Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By vectorsc:
I replaced enough parts to fix my 7.62.

https://i.postimg.cc/wMPhPcTb/F7-DB6-A8-B-4541-4-DA4-92-D4-E323-D762-ADD3.jpg
View Quote

Fuck, if only B&T would get off their asses and make something in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:37:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HWIII] [#32]
Agreed. B&t in 7.62x.39 would be a buy for me for sure.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I remember showing my buddy my Arsenal in 7.62x39 once.  It was a cool gun.  

He asked what the difference was between this and my Noveske .300 BO that was on the bench at the time.  My answer?  

"Well, the Noveske is more accurate.   And more reliable.   And a lot lighter.  And easier to reload, and find parts for, and mount optics on.   Also, its ammo is more reliable than 7.62x39.  And I have an upper I can swap in for 556 that has the exact same zero as the .300BO upper, so I can train cheap.  And I reload the .300BO on my Dillon so the ammo isn't that expensive anymore really..."  

I sold my Arsenal the next day.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 3:52:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone cut down a 5.56 carbine down to 13.7/13.9 if so did you have the modify the gas port size?
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Link

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

https://imagehost.vendio.com/a/11242007/amotophotoalbum/brenbrace.jpg

Link

I located the individual that made these. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any left, and they are out of production. I do have the Dan Haga Tailhook adapters as well. Too bad they weren't advertised better as they looked like a very nice, strong, and sturdy alternative.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Bren 805 is the better rifle..

There i said it.

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

That's really well done.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#39]

That's really well done.
View All Quotes

That's really well done.

Thanks. Luckily the 5.56 guns are not suffering the fate of the x39 guns.

Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Thanks. Luckily the 5.56 guns are not suffering the fate of the x39 guns.

View Quote

Agreed.  I'm still kitting out my 8 inch 556 gun.  So, yours gave me some inspiration.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine works fine, approaching 1k round count. Very minimal wear (none to speak of really),  HBI piston spring since the second mag and drilled suppressor setting in gas plug. Shoots like a dream....best x39 gun on the planet IMO, fight me

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:22:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fate0n3] [#42]
To the people with the MS 2 Carbine 5.56 rifles, how is accuracy?  I have seen reports all over the place of right at an 1" to 4" avg.  That is quite a difference, found a 16" Carbine edition and considering picking it up but wanted to check and see what everyone was reportedly getting.  Also want to confirm the 16" Carbine editions have a suppressor setting?

Also wanting to question there ability to run pmags?  I saw Honest Outlaw video and he keeps stating he has issues with Pmags with his carbine edition
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#43]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Drool indeed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Finally got this thing SBR'd with 922 kit.

A little size comparison.

Link Posted: 11/23/2021 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I recently purchased an 11” 5.56 gas plug for my 14” x39 gun with the hopes that it would resolve the over gassing problem.* Well, I didn’t experience any malfunctions with it but the gun is still overgassed and ejecting at 1-2. It does have the HBI piston spring in it as well.

I disassembled the bolt carrier group to see if there was debris in the ejector channel as discussed earlier in the thread, didn’t find much if anything. Now I’m having difficulty reassembling the ejector assembly.

To anyone who has done this: how did you reassemble the ejector spring etc? Does an AR ejector jig work on the Bren? Any advice appreciated

*I swapped the gas plug from my 14” 5.56 Bren into the x39 Bren earlier and it ran well but it was slightly under gassed, so I figured the 11” 5.56 plug would be the sweet spot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Just FYI for anyone that cares.  I emailed CZ and requested a refund on 11-10.  I got the check yesterday on 11-24.  Good luck anyone else that is still waiting or running this platform.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#48]
Only thing I did with my BREN 2 MS was build a dedicated range bag/bail out bag for it.

Attachment Attached File

Why not? I can't afford to SBR or really do anything fancy, so here we go with a fun and useful accessory.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:04:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Revision] [#49]
Question for you 7.62 guys.
Does your gas piston adjustment plug have a hole at the end? See pictures.
I was looking at the HB Industries site and noticed their customized gas plug does not have this hole.
Maybe this is causing the feeding/ejection issues for 7.62 Bren2s?

Ok, new to Imgur. Links are giving me fits.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Revision:
Question for you 7.62 guys.
Does your gas piston adjustment plug have a hole at the end? See pictures.
I was looking at the HB Industries site and noticed their customized gas plug does not have this hole.
Maybe this is causing the feeding/ejection problems.
View Quote

Yes, every Bren 2 (5.56 and 7.62) that is 11” and 14” has that gas vent hole. It’s unlikely it’s causing the problems by itself.

An interesting observation though is that when I swap my 9” piston/gas valve assembly that has a 0.046” suppressed setting, it works perfectly on my 11” Bren2 suppressed and unsuppressed, but the 11” assembly requires a 1/16” suppressed setting and only works with a suppressor.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 1 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top