Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/10/2018 7:40:26 PM EDT
Here is something we started working on way back in 2012 and shelved it for whatever reason.  I have had my eye on the low cost Cetme kits and decided to get back to work on the conversion. It still needs the trunion welded in, something we dont do here.  It uses Thompson mags and I think can only be done in 45acp due to the Cetme bolt head size.

The SD mockup on a g3 receiver. Fake suppressor is hiding a 16" barrel, but if the suppressor law changes that will be a real suppressor-real fast.

UPDATE 5/20

We now have it working with the HK delay blowback system very nicely.

And made with just Cetme parts on a G3 receiver.

Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/10/2018 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s a first. Awesome
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
oh hell yeah!
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If you get it running that will be a beast of a smg.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two Cetme C kits stashed and no real desire to build another regular Cetme

So it’s a magwell adapter, bolt head, and barrel?
Ream the trunnion?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#7]
FAWESOME!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Years ago I had one of your 45 FAL's, was a lot of fun. I got bored and sold it to move to the next project, wish there was an option like it but with a BHO.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Patiently waiting for this to be in stock. I have a cetme kit...somewhere! Have to find it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
That's way too cool in the SD form, but would be way too heavy to justify making in the full length rifle G3 for the .45 Auto caliber that doesn't gain much from extra barrel length.   Now maybe in .45 Super or .460 Rowland or .45 Win Mag that could benefit from extra barrel length...
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Or .221 Boz...

Very nice.  I suspected the Thompson mag when you posted it earlier.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I have looked at the Boz, but it looks like they are based of the 10mm? If so that wont work with the HK bolt.

We just noticed Sarco has Cetme receivers for $180. Were moving as fast as we can, just have some more tests to do before production.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fake suppressor is hiding a 16" barrel, but if the suppressor law changes that will be a real suppressor-real fast.
View Quote
Maybe I'm not reading into this comment correctly but you appear to be in Texas where it is perfectly legal to own a suppressor. $200 and some paperwork seems like it wouldn't be too much of an obstacle to have a 45SD that takes Thompson mags. Really cool project.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#14]
The fake can is something that is (free state) legal and just a cosmetic thing for those who cant or dont want to do the real suppressor route. It will be centered on the barrel so that a real can, can be used by those who have them.

But ya, I want a real supressor on mine for hog hunting... or at least my attempt at it. Buggers like to come out pretty late at night.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I have looked at the Boz, but it looks like they are based of the 10mm? If so that wont work with the HK bolt.

We just noticed Sarco has Cetme receivers for $180. Were moving as fast as we can, just have some more tests to do before production.
View Quote
There were various iterations of the Boz.  One was based on a .45 ACP case.  You've got a very nice concept there, hope it does well.  Puts you right up against CMMG's Guard in function.  Should be a soft shooter.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Like!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Cool project.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Now that's cool!
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Want.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#20]
That is amazing. Can't wait to see it running.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#21]
So being a G3 receiver it will run FA with a registered sear pack?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#22]
So far the feeding, extraction and ejection are all typical HK G3, that is rather robust. Tweaking things a bit as its pretty brutal on the brass and we always try and plan for the reloader.

Will try to get a video up in the next 2 weeks or so. The ergonomics are really nice but the darn selector switch is very tight on our semi auto-converted trigger pack.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Awesome project. I could see this being a fun blaster
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope to get back on this project by late next week or so.  It will get priority as we work through a backlog. Hopefully thats sometime late next week.

We are also having a new barrel trunion welded into the receiver and can get a new vendor approved for that welding.

The fake SD set up is proving to be a bit difficult, but we will get it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Get the bugs worked out and a kit on the website. Will buy for sure.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Pardon my ignorance, but all I need is a receiver, parts kit, your conversion kit, and somebody to weld it?  Around $600 in parts it looks like?

Will you sell the conversion kit with a receiver and the welding already done?

Most importantly, can you make a 5/8-24 threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Cool video, those Weapon Guild guys can make some neat stuff.

On the conversion, its just a receiver, cetme parts kit and our parts kit(barrel and adapter). All of our barrels are now threaded, I think 5/8-24 is do-able.The only pain is ramping the barrel trunion and getting it welded in. We used a PTR receiver and I got my sight parts and other misc parts from RTG, its a real mutt.

We are looking at barreled receivers and on the SD conversion we are making some progress their too. We do not do welding here but have another company that is interesting in handling that for us.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We are looking at barreled receivers and on the SD conversion we are making some progress their too.
View Quote
I believe it would make the build substantially faster/easier/cheaper by saving on logistics, shipping costs, and time spent waiting....

Does this conversion become straight blowback instead of delayed blowback like the video above is titled?
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd discard the Cetme bolt head and make a shorter, fixed bolt face. Kind of like the old Oly Arms conversions.

That way you can push the breach face farther to the rear and mitigate the jump the rounds have to make through the trunion.

http://www.olyarms.com/shop/media/catalog/category/AR_15_Parts______4e0ca9649cfaf.jpg
View Quote
We thought about it, but we want to keep it simple and something most home gunsmiths can handle without breaking the bank. Also, as it turns out the Thompson mags really like long feed ramps so it works well together.

We finished our dry cycle testing yesterday and its going very well. Need to send the action back for the trunion to get the sucker welded up really well though so live fire testing this week. , and I was really looking forward to shooting this one.

The only thing we did notice is that it does not like lead cast bullets. The preference is FMJ ball nose, so far.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Had a rare chance to get to the range today and test a couple new projects out.

The HK G3 in 45acp, with just a barrel and adapter likes +P loads best. However with just a polish to the bottom of the bolt and top of the hammer and a different main spring I think we have it set up to shoot regular loads now, it may even work fine with the original spring and rollers. We have a new (old cetme) bolt and it was dragging hard. Will try and test early next week but its a busy one.

We have it feeding 230g ball and 185 flat nose perfectly. It just did not like the eject cycle today but we think we have that fixed now.

All in all, its the smoothest shooting 45 auto I have ever had the pleasure to shoot and I have shot a lot of different ones.

Link Posted: 4/27/2018 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#35]
To out-Thompson Thompson with his own magazine is quite an achievement.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Still want!
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 2:30:11 AM EDT
[#37]
The ability to shoot cheap (subsonic) ball ammo is a big part of the attraction for many - if it only works with $$$ ammo the fun factor is gone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I took a slightly different approach on mine;

Lightweight, polymer USC mags, last round bolt hold open, integrally suppressed, full length rail, AR trigger --basically everything the UMP should have been but wasn't

Still working on ejection; those short cases like to fall off the breechface too soon
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Thats nice work.

We will make an adapter that will use the HK UMP mags once we get the ejection sorted out. I think we will offer both adapters as the Thompson mags work great and its a simple adapter.  Taking it up to our machine shop now for some work.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Off topic, but when do you think you will have those Savage .308 18" bolt gun barrels available for sale?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#43]
We will be easy to spot at the NRA today. Just look for the family with a kid in the stroller wearing a German soccer shirt.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Very neat

Quoted:
I took a slightly different approach on mine;
http://i.imgur.com/XVpgzZU.jpg
Lightweight, polymer USC mags, last round bolt hold open, integrally suppressed, full length rail, AR trigger --basically everything the UMP should have been but wasn't

Still working on ejection; those short cases like to fall off the breechface too soon
View Quote
If only H&K would do something like what Rhineland Arms and barnbwt built, instead of re-releasing the USC.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#45]
We have the 45 conversion ejecting brass very well now and we are using factory springs all around. We will test with the rollers sometime this coming week and suspect it will be even better (a more consistent ejection pattern).

It does not send the brass into orbit but does kick them out nicely and they are 100% re-usable.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:  It does not send the brass into orbit but does kick them out nicely and they are 100% re-usable.
View Quote
As .45 ACP brass or brass caltrops?  

Sorry I missed you @ the show; I grabbed every little kid out of his stroller I could find and asked if he was with Rhineland Arms until the police made me leave.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We have the 45 conversion ejecting brass very well now and we are using factory springs all around. We will test with the rollers sometime this coming week and suspect it will be even better
View Quote
Looks like only $500 for all the parts and $70(!) for a magazine?

I'm in for a 5/8-24 threaded barrel welded to a receiver unless the welding adds hundreds of $ to the price.  I might even buy two.

PS: Pardon my ignorance, I don't know anything about these rifles.  Many of the website selling parts kits say "machine gun parts" - Are the trigger assemblies full auto?  ie. do you have to do anything to them to make them semi only?  If so, is it easy to do?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#48]
LOL, dang that show was massive. We bailed out by 2pm or so. Sorry we missed you.

I found  mags for $35 at Centerfire systems. Cetme receivers for $180 at Sarco, and kits or parts from them or Apex. If you go the HK route RTG has some really nice parts right now.The trigger packs are full auto and need conversion. The one we use was converted over and bought from hkparts most likely but it appears pretty easy to get some of the plastic lowers in semi only these days.

Going to talk to the production guys today about getting this going.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#49]
We were able to squeeze some testing in today.

Todays test was with the locking rollers. The 45acp will not work with the G3 or Cetme bolt as is. It is going to require a new cam profile curve on the locking piece. The cam is pretty straight forward. Just a matter of time to get it, hopefully that is late this week.

Regardless, the adapter and barrel are slowly working the way through production. The rifle is great in blowback and makes our beloved FN FAL 45acp conversions look crude----we are FAL fanboys so it pains me to say that a bit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#50]
It just keeps getting cheaper!

Noise is the only reason I'd want delayed blowback - any idea of the sound difference between blowback and delayed when suppressed?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top