Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 5:07:13 PM EDT
A friend I work with let me borrow his M6 Scout to play around with and I noticed something really odd. He had tissue stuffed in the .22 ammo storage holders. I took a .22LR round and it was really loose in the hole. If the tissue wasn't there, the .22LR round would would fall to the bottom. There are 12 holes for rifle rounds, instead of 15, so I figure it is meant to hold .22 Hornet rounds. But the receiver on the barreled part is marked .22LR. Did he get a mismatch from the factory?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
.22 LR base diameter is .225 whereas .22 Hornet is .298. Is it that sloppy?  A 19/64 drill bit is just under .298 if you have no other gauges.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have anything to measure it with, but it is large enough that a .22LR round can be placed in upside down and it will fall to the bottom. As far as I know they were only offered in .22LR, .22WMR, and .22 Hornet. Only the hornet has a large enough base to fit the rim of the .22LR. I don't think it is that big of an issue, but I do think it is odd.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Can two rounds of .22LR be stacked in the holes? Maybe they are supposed to be like that. Could be that the owner drilled the holes out for the purpose of storing more ammo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Should be four holes for .410 shells and ten holes for rimfire rounds.
I believe it is four .410s and six .22 Hornets in that guns stow box..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top