Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:35:01 PM EDT
I am going crazy looking for an extra mag or two for my Winchester Model 70 Classic (long action 30-06).

I cant find them anywhere.  Does anyone know where I can find one or some?
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
A detachable magazine?
I didn't know Winchester did that on the Classics.

Do you have any pictures?
Link Posted: 3/4/2009 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It has been so long since USRAC made long action DBM 70s, I doubt anybody has them in stock.  I'd just keep an eye on the online auction sites and check gun shows.  I bet they are pretty expensive, like $50+ each.

Winchester's website has a list of parts suppliers for obsolete guns:  http://www.winchesterguns.com/services/obsolete.asp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A detachable magazine?
I didn't know Winchester did that on the Classics.

Do you have any pictures?

Here's a  couple pics.

Pre-64 type extractor, Long action, 30-06, Detachable box mag.
My buddy's has a DBM too but his is the post 64 type.
We can't find mags anywhere.

Here is a Link to my original thread from when I got the Model 70.
Coincidently, ZIARifleman, you posted in that one too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a thing for Model 70s

That looks EXACTLY like the DBM on my FN.
However, I don't believe they currently make a long action box.

With the re-introduction of the 70, that will probably become available again.
Alternatively, you could get new bottom metal from CDi Precision and use AI magazines, but that wouldn't really jive with the overall theme of your rifle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, thanks.  I just e-mailed CDi.  Depending on what they have available, it may be an option.  I would like to stay with stock mags, but if i cant find at least one spare...  
god-forbid I lose that mag...  the rifle would be a single shot and close to useless.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I contacted Badger and the others above but nobody seems to make anything for the long action 70.  I still cant find these anywhere.  I guess I am just going to have to hope to stumble across one someday.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have what you are looking for.  I bought a few clips for the classic 15 years ago and I have one for sale in the 270/30-06 size.  It won't be cheap but, as you  know, you can't find them anymore.  They only made the classic DBM models in 1994.  If you are interested, let me know.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Send me your email address or phone number and I will reply or call you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top