Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 11:03:45 AM EDT
I found a Camp Carbine in basically brand new condition, and a good price... anyone have any input on it for me if I should buy it? Positives and Negatives? Or if you could share any personal experiece you have had with one. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Alright, sounds awesome to me! How is she on accuracy?
btw- I think im gonna pass up on that new .22 MP5 for this, because of only 10 round mags So the carbine looks like a better choice especially with ammo being cheaper than say my .308 or .223! thanks for the help so far!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Alright, sounds awesome to me! How is she on accuracy?
btw- I think im gonna pass up on that new .22 MP5 for this, because of only 10 round mags So the carbine looks like a better choice especially with ammo being cheaper than say my .308 or .223! thanks for the help so far!

Accuracy, like any Marlin is excellent. S&W 59/69 series 12- 15 mags work. I even had great luck with TripleK 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#3]
thats good to hear weptek911, I was hoping for that. And the mags, im glad to hear about that since theyre in such plentiful amounts and somewhat cheap- I even saw a guy that had the suomi sub-machine gun 72 round drum on it... crazy!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Ammo's cheap (realtively; definitely if you reload), mags are easy to get, mechanism is simple.  Mag safety is lame, I've gotta' look at that.

I have both 9 and .45 camp rifles.  The 9mm was a gunshow find 2 years ago.  She has a choate folder and a Russian Kobra red dot.  The gun came with 25 and 30 round mags that work perfectly, no maker's stamp on either.

The .45 came about a year ago, looked unfired in the box.

They're great guns.  I'd suggest a higher strength Wolfe recoil spring.  Keep an eye on the bolt buffer.

-hanko
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive bought springs before from them, what weight do you reccomend?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]
One big "negative" is that Marlin discontinued them several years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top