Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 1:18:40 AM EDT
What % of net worth do you think is reasonable to invest in ammo?  This is not necessarily a SHTF scenario, just regular shooting and the possibility that ammo could become very scarce and usefull at some point.  I think I'm around the 5% range now...about the same as my car.  At what point do you spend the money on reloading equipment?  When do I have to stop buying Garands from the CMP?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]
YMMV, but at somepoint the powers that be will awaken to the fact that one way to seriously affect the number of firearms in the world is thru ammunition availablity. No ammo, no gun fun.

Reloading equipment was something I felt a need for more than 2 decades ago and currently between my father and I we have enough powder, primers, brass and bullets to last us the rest of our lives.

Buy ammo while it lasts for at some point only those who have planned ahead and stocked reloading equipment and components will be the ones still shooting.

Have no clue what percentage I spend on ammo, I buy when I see what I perceive to be bargins.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Mr Wilson. I started reloading back in 1984. I buy components when I can and scrounge for brass at my range. I haven't purchased any pistol ammo in over 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#3]
If you shoot much at all, reloading is the way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top