Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:00:20 PM EDT
The cashier at Walmart made my week tonight.  I had to swing by there to pick up some stuff and to get the new King Kong movie.  I thought what the heck, buy ammo!!  I go back there and get 5 boxes of the Remington 55 gr stuff.  No big deal, but they have to take it up to one of the front checkout areas due to how late at night it was.  I said thats fine, I gotta get some other stuff anyways.

A few minutes later I go up to pay and the woman checking me out say, "Do you mind if I put the ammo in a seperate bag?"  I figured she needed to staple the bag closed due to company ammo policy like they've done before so I tell here that's fine just to do whatever she needed to do.  She raises her head and says that she doesn't need to but she would be more comfortable.  I must've looked puzzled because she says,"I just don't want anything to bump them and SET THEM OFFor MAKE THEM EXPLODE!"  I had a spongy bath thing, the King Kong movie and a box of band-aids but she was dead-dagum serious!!!  As soon as I hit the door I about laughed myself to the concrete!

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Well dang it! You should have dropped that bag when she handed it to you. What were you thinking?  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well dang it! You should have dropped that bag when she handed it to you. What were you thinking?  

Oh that would be so evil but funny as hell.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

We think alike!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup I would've dropped the bag.  You know she would've  jumped a foot or two back...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My Wal-Mart stopped selling guns - cleared them all out this week.  Still sell ammo
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My Wal-Mart stopped selling guns - cleared them all out this week.  Still sell ammo

They will be back. Last week Walmart said they were redoing the way they sell firearms and were returning thousands back to the manufacture for different models....I remember reading this last week somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
You should have yelled "BANG!" when she stapled it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Or dropped it...

Or worked on building a sneeze (like in Beverly Hills Cop II)...

Or asked to have each box put in a separate bag so that they wouldn't bump together...

Or...

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if I ever get that from someone there, I will do that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Dang, I wish I'd thought of that!!  I was just trying not to laugh and point at her.  I know some people are gun illiterate but being from the south and around here where there's a goodly bit of hunting almost year round....good grief.  I may go back tonight to buy the rest of it and try to find her again!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#13]
You should have asked that each and every bullet be wrapped in tissue paper and each in it's own bag, you know, "just in case" . You can never be too carefull. Then when you carry it out act like you're carrying nitro or something or ask that a manager carry this deadly ordnance out for you. God but some people are dumb as hell.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#14]
One of my favorite Wally world games is "Spot the anti"

, goes like this,  at the ammo counter ,, "Can I see some .308 please?"

If the clerk says " Sure, do you want 150's or 180's? "  it's Game Over.

If clerk gets a nervous look, and fearfully picks a box up, looking as if  he's handling Rattlesnakes, sets it carefully on the counter, it's  Game Time  

"These are 180's,, could I see some 150's instead, please  ?" ,,
,, and make 'em do it all over again.

"Are these expanding bullets?"  and the clerk has to read the box.

Then ask him "Are these bullets EXPLOSIVE ?? "

(clerk)  

"Nevermind,,  how many ya got?  I'll take ALL of them.

Good Times

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
One of my favorite Wally world games is "Spot the anti"

, goes like this,  at the ammo counter ,, "Can I see some .308 please?"

If the clerk says " Sure, do you want 150's or 180's? "  it's Game Over.

If clerk gets a nervous look, and fearfully picks a box up, looking as if  he's handling Rattlesnakes, sets it carefully on the counter, it's  Game Time  

"These are 180's,, could I see some 150's instead, please  ?" ,,
,, and make 'em do it all over again.

"Are these expanding bullets?"  and the clerk has to read the box.

Then ask him "Are these bullets EXPLOSIVE ?? "

(clerk)  

"Nevermind,,  how many ya got?  I'll take ALL of them.

Good Times

ahhhhh    Good times......
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#16]
you should have told her its AMMO not a Glock

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
you should have told her its AMMO not a Glock

thats cold ... but funny anyway
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#18]
More gunrack fun at walmart-

Doesnt work so well since I shaved the beard off but still works fairly well:

when you are making your walmart ammo or gun purchase, look around for the typical sheeple.  (youll know who they are- the onle who look horrified to see you fondling that evil savage sniper rifle or almost wet themselves when you buy more than a box or 2 of ammo)

After you pay for it and start walking away from the counter, begin repeatedly mumbling 'allah akbar'.

then look around at the peoples faces..

absolutelyu priceless.  great fun
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
More gunrack fun at walmart-

Doesnt work so well since I shaved the beard off but still works fairly well:

when you are making your walmart ammo or gun purchase, look around for the typical sheeple.  (youll know who they are- the onle who look horrified to see you fondling that evil savage sniper rifle or almost wet themselves when you buy more than a box or 2 of ammo)

After you pay for it and start walking away from the counter, begin repeatedly mumbling 'allah akbar'.

then look around at the peoples faces..

absolutelyu priceless.  great fun

when i had a real long and scraggly beard i would do something a little different.  the only jacket i ever wear is a sweatshirt jacket.  so i zip it up most of the way and keep my sunglasses on if during the day and pull the hood up.  then i look mildly like a young unabomber.  it was fun to buy a few hundred rounds of ammo looking like that.  then i would walk out mumbling about hating people and all that stuff.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

when i had a real long and scraggly beard i would do something a little different.  the only jacket i ever wear is a sweatshirt jacket.  so i zip it up most of the way and keep my sunglasses on if during the day and pull the hood up.  then i look mildly like a young unabomber.  it was fun to buy a few hundred rounds of ammo looking like that.  then i would walk out mumbling about hating people and all that stuff.

Well I never used the unabomber garb, I mainly used that trick at funshows.  Wait until someone that dont look like they belong there (at the gun show, that is) or just about anyone at walmart is within earshot, pick up a gun, fondle it, you know- the usual stuff.  then in a low voice id say something along the lines of  
"Fire me, will you?"
"bitch go it coming to her"
"Write me a speeding ticket, will you fucker?"
"they will pay.  oh yes they will pay"

That gets some horrified looks too..
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or dropped it...

Or worked on building a sneeze (like in Beverly Hills Cop II)...

Or asked to have each box put in a separate bag so that they wouldn't bump together...

Or...

Forrest

Or started juggling 3 boxes of ammo...

Or asked for 5 store employees to each carry one box out of the store...

Or... or.... or....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I would have just done something like..

as soon as she placed the bag on the counter, accidentally knocked it on her side of the counter.. and flinched when it hit the floor.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#23]
She must be a dumb Yankee transplant! I can't imagine ANY born-n-bred Tennessee woman being that damnably ignorant of firearms & ammo!!  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#24]
When I was in 2dn or 3 rd grade I had a BB gun and has so  BB's in my pocket ( at school )

I for some reason was showing them to another kid when my teacher took them away with a shocked look on her face. She Said What are you doing with "THOES BULLETS" and how they " COULD EXPLODE AT ANY TIME "  I was thinking she must be stupid or some thing. a BB explode, this was from a teacher not a wal-mart flunkie.

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#25]
hell I buy so many bricks of .22s that my local wal mart people ask how many as soon as I walk up to the counter, kinda pisses me off that they quit selling rifles, even if I've never bought one from them, and they've cut way back on what ammo and gun supplies they carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top