Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 1:51:51 PM EDT
First question:  How much is a Winchester Model 94 (Year is 1957) in 30-30 worth if it is in good condition?  Second question: What would cause an empty cartridge to stick in the chamber after firing?  The extractor seems to grip firmly but slips up and over, not pulling the empty out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A pre-1964 mfg Win 94 is worth more than a more recent version. Value cannot be assessed without a photo or a visual inspection.

It sounds like you have a very dirty or rough chamber. A thorough cleaning and/or chamber polishing may be in order.

Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
A photo, if I had one, would show it to be in excellent condition.  However, compared to other 1957 models, I'd say it is in at least good condition.  Anyway, I paid $600.  I've seen them from $450 to $700.  Someone told me you can find them at gunshows for about $250, that is why I ask.

BTW, the gunsmith is guessing it's a dirty chamber, too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You're not going to find a pre-64 Model 94 anywhere for $250 unless the owner/seller has no idea what they have or what it's worth. $600 is probably a good middle of the road price for one, without seeing it. Some go for considerably more, but you'd have to look long and hard to find a decent one for much less.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  Hopefully we can get this one to fire more than one shot at a time, and then I'll be happy with it.  I should have bought one years ago, but the safe is getting full.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top