Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:03:02 AM EDT
I'm a leftie and have an FAL and a Mini-14 ranch rifle. Got tired of the brass coming across my face, so when I saw the left-handed AR's Stag was making they were real interesting. After doing some research, the general opinion of Stag seemed to be very positive, so I went into my local gun shop and had them get me the 20" heavy barrel flattop version, with the Norgon ambi magazine release.

My local gun shop ordered on a Monday and I had it in my hands on Thursday of the same week. The gun shop guys had forgotten to specify the Ambi catch, and while I stood there they called Stag, ordered the part and told me they'd eat half the cost. Better and better. Anyway, I had that part the following Wednesday. Super fast service.

Finally got my new toy to the range last Friday, and I'm quite impressed. The overall fit and finish is high quality. All I did prior to my range visit was field strip and CLP it. I Put a few boxes through it, cleaning after the first round, then after each 3 rounds, then after each 5. No malf's, no issues of any kind. The rifle shoots way better than I do, even with 55 grain white box Winchester. The Lake City 62-grain is superb in this rifle.

Bottom line, I was very impressed with Stag's product and service. The questions I asked before purchasing were answered knowledgeably and they were very helpful. I couldn't be happier with my experience, and this rifle is a gem. Now for the leftie 6.8 upper
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks.  As another leftie I've been looking at getting a LH Stag upper.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine, a lefty, just purchased a Stag LH AR. We went to the range to try it out.
I fired it right-handed, and had no difficulties, whatsoever. Just like shooting a RH'ed one.
He liked it...... A LOT.

Nice firearm.

HKO

(Oh, and welcome to the board, capn and SyNapse007!!)

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#3]
How much did it cost ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, ARMIKEFMJ, I've been busy. My dealer saved me about $150 off list price, list being what Stag wanted if I bought direct. And that was after shipping, FFL, and the rest. Both of us made out, and everyone was happy.

HTH

capn
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, HKOVERKILL

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Been very happy with my rifle. Put an EOTech on it, and it's the fastest-pointing, quickest rifle that I've had experience with. I can't say how nice it is to have a "correct-"handed rifle, especially one so nice.

Have a good,

KZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top