Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:09:41 PM EDT
Is there some kind of semiauto conversion that can be done to these kits that makes them legal for the rest of us? I know the barrel will need to be longer as well...

I checked at weaponeer, but didn't find anything.

Anyone know? or is this 20 dollar kit gonna rust in my closet?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]

i think the ATF considers all open bolts to be MG's, regardless of their actual functioning. therefore, if it was originally an open bolt gun, it would need to be modified to function as a closed bolt. that may be a considerable re-work of the gun and its' subsystems. considerable to the point of being not worth it...

i'm not 100% sure about the status of open bolt semi-autos though, so you might want to check into that first.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The only source I know of is Prexis,  an 80% semi auto receiver.  

Heads up on Suomi kits.  We are now out of the stick mags.  So the $19.97 kits will be shipped without a mag.  You may opt to add a Suomi drum for a discounted price of $14.97.   (Limit of one discounted drum per kit).  

Lois Luttrell
Centerfire Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
[email protected]
800-915-3346
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

i think the ATF considers all open bolts to be MG's, regardless of their actual functioning.

Correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top