Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 1:36:36 PM EDT
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I thought some of you guys might be interested in a couple of threads on the sigforum.  A lot of discussion, excitement, speculation about SIG 55X being mfg stateside and being made available to us civilians.  I'd post a link to the threads but due to techical ineptitude I don't know how.

Might also want to pay a visit to thefiringline.com where there's a quasi group buy going on for this rifle (even though technically SIG hasn't even confirmed that its being made).

Fun stuff and definitely worth a visit if you have any interest in this rifle.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they have a ball park figure of price?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
No one knows for sure.  I guess we will have to wait for the 06 SHOT show to see what is going to be released.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully not out of reach............I want one of those and an FN-ARM

Quoted:
No one knows for sure.  I guess we will have to wait for the 06 SHOT show to see what is going to be released.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like that particular thread has degenerated into stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

$1,250.  Of course everything is tentative until SHOT show and official announcement by SIG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
That wouldnt be too bad for retail...........and if dealer prices are less, and the FN ARM comes out, then I will have them both

Quoted:

Quoted:

$1,250.  Of course everything is tentative until SHOT show and official announcement by SIG.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I am in waiting for the FN product.  But if the SIG comes along then I might jump on that as well.

Max
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd buy one (or more) at that price.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep..........if it's that price I am definitely in for at least one

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd buy one (or more) at that price.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Im still placing my money on SigArms. Swiss Arms never, ever, ever, ever producing the 55x for civilian consumption in the United States.

LE..sure, already here, and a decent second tier competitior to the AR15 for those departments who want to be "different".
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Im still placing my money on SigArms. Swiss Arms never, ever, ever, ever producing the 55x for civilian consumption in the United States.

Actually, that's a bet I'll take Patrol.  Although SIG hasn't officialy confirmed it, it sounds like its a done deal.  If you have a couple of hours to kill, you might want to go over to sigforum and read a couple of the threads they have going on this.

Also, $1250 price is a group buy price being offered on another board (I hope I'm not violating some forum rule by mentioning this, just trying to help out fellow members who might be interested in this).  Again, this is somewhat speculative, but the general feeling seems to be that retail to civilians is going to be somewhat higher, and that there may be some initial price gouging by dealers due to limited availability.

By way of comparison, check out what a Swiss version of this rifle will cost you today.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, that's a bet I'll take Patrol.  Although SIG hasn't officialy confirmed it, it sounds like its a done deal.  If you have a couple of hours to kill, you might want to go over to sigforum and read a couple of the threads they have going on this.

Also, $1250 price is a group buy price being offered on another board (I hope I'm not violating some forum rule by mentioning this, just trying to help out fellow members who might be interested in this).  Again, this is somewhat speculative, but the general feeling seems to be that retail to civilians is going to be somewhat higher, and that there may be some initial price gouging by dealers due to limited availability.

By way of comparison, check out what a Swiss version of this rifle will cost you today.

I'm pretty sure it's a CoC violation to say there's a deal being offered elsewhere and then not say where.  And if it isn't, it ought to be.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
www.tmpguns.ch/SIG%20SG%20552.gif

God, I'd sell all you people into slavery for a 552.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I am a regular at Sigforum, and a Sig fan. This is the reaosn I dont believe it will happen. I dont see Swiss Arms compromising the quality of the build just to tap into the small, albeit ready, market. They tried it once before, and it didnt do so well. I think the "big announcement" will be an expanded program for LE/Mil markets.......
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just did a Google search and a search of this forum for FN-ARM and didn't come up with anything.  What is it?

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just did a Google search and a search of this forum for FN-ARM and didn't come up with anything.  What is it?

That is FN's name for their SCAR candidate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#18]
[I'm pretty sure it's a CoC violation to say there's a deal being offered elsewhere and then not say where.  And if it isn't, it ought to be.

Sorry, I thought I'd actually put down the site.  Here it is:  www.thefiringline.com

One caveat - I have never done business with Wildalaska (the dealer organizing this group buy), so I can't personally vouch for him.  I will tell you that he does seem to have an excellent reputation on thefiringline board, which seems to be where he hangs out, and that I am personally participating in this group buy.

BTW - if you are interested, you should move fast because I think the group buy is closing in a couple of days.  I think the plan is that he will actually place the order at the SHOT show.  Current estimate is a November delivery,  but like nearly everything else in this deal, this date is somewhat speculative.

Again, not my intention to step on anyone's toes here.  I just know there are some people that have previously expressed an interest in this rifle and am just trying to pass on info. I think they might like to know about.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I think you have to be a member over there, and they wont let anyone in on it who signs up just to get in on the deal

Quoted:
[I'm pretty sure it's a CoC violation to say there's a deal being offered elsewhere and then not say where.  And if it isn't, it ought to be.

Sorry, I thought I'd actually put down the site.  Here it is:  www.thefiringline.com

One caveat - I have never done business with Wildalaska (the dealer organizing this group buy), so I can't personally vouch for him.  I will tell you that he does seem to have an excellent reputation on thefiringline board, which seems to be where he hangs out, and that I am personally participating in this group buy.

BTW - if you are interested, you should move fast because I think the group buy is closing in a couple of days.  I think the plan is that he will actually place the order at the SHOT show.  Current estimate is a November delivery,  but like nearly everything else in this deal, this date is somewhat speculative.

Again, not my intention to step on anyone's toes here.  I just know there are some people that have previously expressed an interest in this rifle and am just trying to pass on info. I think they might like to know about.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I, like everyone else, is waiting for the SHOT Show, then hopefully we will have an offical announcement.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Cyclone - I think for those that aren't members already, you can still participate , you just have to pay a little more.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok, I might check into that............I think I might even wait a bit to see what happens and let the prices settle a bit............I want one of these and an FN-ARM as well

Quoted:
Cyclone - I think for those that aren't members already, you can still participate , you just have to pay a little more.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Remember when SIGARMS released there 1911? US made version will be watered down inferior version of the real thing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag.

Shot show can't be here soon enough.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Tag.

Shot show can't be here soon enough.

WIZZO

When is it?  I'm too lazy to Google it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Feb. 9th-12th.......smartass.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#28]
If it comes at all, I would be very suprised at a $1200ish price.

SIG 55xs currently sell for about $2000 on the Swiss civ market, about $3000 on the Euro civ market, and the last price I saw for imported 55xs in the US (LEO guns with parts added for supposed civ sale)was about $4k..

Based on that, I would think that Sig USA/Swiss arms would have to shift almost all production or make just about every part in the US.. Even then, I would think the cost would be a bit more then $1200 based on the prices of Non- AR, original design assault rifles that are being offered (or confirmed to be offered) in the US.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I have heard $900-$1,000 for LEO.  MSRP for civilians is supposed to be $1,400-500.  Of course, these are all just rumors, speculation, etc.  

Hopefully, we'll all know more in about a week and a half.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Stamped steel, and riveted construction, it can't cost that much to make.  Think AKs?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If it comes at all, I would be very suprised at a $1200ish price.

SIG 55xs currently sell for about $2000 on the Swiss civ market, about $3000 on the Euro civ market, and the last price I saw for imported 55xs in the US (LEO guns with parts added for supposed civ sale)was about $4k..

Based on that, I would think that Sig USA/Swiss arms would have to shift almost all production or make just about every part in the US.. Even then, I would think the cost would be a bit more then $1200 based on the prices of Non- AR, original design assault rifles that are being offered (or confirmed to be offered) in the US.  

I agree.

No way would a U.S. SIG 550 have MSRP of $1,250.  

A SIG 220 custom or sport costs that much or more. A highend rifle like the 550 will command a much higher price.

Stottman is right on about the LEO SIGs with the USpart count that were sold by Michaels's Machines, they had a price tag of 4k and everyone here thought that was insane to charge so much for a 550.
Well the cost of the LEO gun was high and so were the US parts.

Someone should look up MSRP of a SIG 550 in 1989. If my memory is correct the Blue Book value of guns books lists the last known MSRP of $2,700 in 1989.

I would love to see a 551 for sale in the U.S. but I still think it might not happen or if it does it won't be $1250. A Colt 6920 is more than $1,250.

IF there is a SIG 550 for sale it will be $2,200 or higher.  And it will sell.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#32]
im in the market for one of the new assult rifle, and i definatly think the 550 series is cool, but really what makes it such a high end gun? and what makes it better than the FN SCAR or fs2000, or styer AUG, or a quality AR?

help me decide guys
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#33]
My understanding is that they will take ar mags and ar stocks.

I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Stamped steel, and riveted construction, it can't cost that much to make.  Think AKs?

I agree 100%.  The 55x is not made of gold and should not be priced as if it was.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#35]
If it sells for over 2k, then I might have to just go for the FN ARM
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree 100%.  The 55x is not made of gold and should not be priced as if it was.

The receiver is not simply stamped and rivted like an AK receiver.... Its actually more kin to an HK receiver in terms of contruction.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Ok so it is a high end AK like an arsenal or closer to an AR 180b. Oh well. I wouldnt pay any more than $1000 for one of these. However, sig will have to make them close to $900 to compeat with the AR15. Otherwise most people will simply pick up the AR15 instead.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#38]
In my opinion, if Armalite would get their headoutof thier ass, the AR180 would be a Sig 55x killer. With a AL lower, and a bit more modularity, it offer all the advantages that some see in the Sig, without any of the issuesof cost, availabilty, etc. A 16" AR180 with an AL lower, picatinny forend, collapsible or folding stock, and AR15 mags would be a viable competitor for the AR. I can see Armalite not wanting to compete with itself, but why not Eagle Arms?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The receiver is not simply stamped and rivted like an AK receiver.... Its actually more kin to an HK receiver in terms of contruction.

Ahh.. Stamped and welded, even cheaper..
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well, I have heard $900-$1,000 for LEO.  MSRP for civilians is supposed to be $1,400-500.  Of course, these are all just rumors, speculation, etc.  

Hopefully, we'll all know more in about a week and a half.

That would be agency purchase price. Meaning if the FBI was to order 100 rifles, they would get a price close to that. Individual officer price runs in the $4k range.

I love the 550, but to say it's worth $2K in standard configuration is just ridiculous.

If SIG does pick it up, I see no reason why they wouldn't use duplicate tooling of the original every chance they get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top