Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:13:26 PM EDT
I have an sks I want to use for deer hunting Law states it cant hold more than 5 rounds.

So similar to a removable plug  (wooden dowel) on a shotgun. Would it work if I put a piece of wood in the bottom of the mgazine to restrict it to 5 rounds? Im thinking a piece of scrap wood cut to fit would work? Kids on the way and $20 for a 5 round  mag is a waste just for hunting season.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone recommended to me (on these boards) to use a certain size lego to prevent the spring from allowing more than 5 rounds. I haven't tried the legos thing, but I imagine anything the right size in that very simple magazine would work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a socket,cant remember which size.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The real question should be. "is it within the limits of the law"? A block that is quickly removable may not suffice. I would be worried about the punishment if it isn’t.

Why chance it when you only need to permanently modify the mag that is a dime a dozen.
Have something welded in and get a new mag for your plinking.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]
DC Engineering near Detroit sells 5 round magazine plugs for the SKS.  Their website is RifleTech.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd probably just put a piece of wood in it. If anyone inspects your rifle, they'll see that you were attempting to comply with the spirit of the law and most likely will leave you alone. Shotguns use removable blocks, so I think you could make a strong arguement that you are trying to comply by doing the same with your rifle. Just my .02.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top