Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 4:12:53 PM EDT
just picked up a
Winchester M70 Ultra Shadow SS 270 wsm
But the stock feels real cheap, and i just plain dont like it much.

any suggestions for stocks that would go nice? its stainless steel so black synthetic would probably be my 1st choice.

thanks!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
 I have a model 70 in .243 and replaced the original stock with a Hogue Overmold stock from MidwayUSA about 6 months ago and love it. I really like the feel, it has the pillar bed, and takes the range abuse very well. Comes available in both standard and varmint profile barrel. Best thing was I got it on sale for $60. Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info. i have a hogue on my mini-14 and love the feel as well. i'll have to try and find one for the 270 wsm, being that its a short action rifle. but thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top