Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 1:21:12 PM EDT
I would like to build a custom rifle. I have done some surface scratching but firearms dealers and manufacturers really just don't take the time to help anymore, I always get some ass on the phone with no answers.

Where can I get a Stainless Steel Barrelled Action, Left Handed, Fluted, 22 to 26" long, in 30-06?

I've looked on websites and have called the following manufacturers.

Remington
Weatherby
Winchester
Savage

Does no one offer this? Where would I find individual parts? Other people own these customs, How hard does it have to be to get things done. I've got money what else does it take for these companies to want to make a sale.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Check shotgun news, tehre was somebody selling barreled actions.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
A number of firms offer these. Check with Cooper Arms, Dakota Arms, Remington Custom Shop, Panda Custom  Action, etc. Or, you can have a gunsmith build exactly what you want. It will NOT be cheap. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Why wouldn't you contact ER Shaw?  Send them a lefty SS long action and tell them exactly what you want.  A 26" left handed SS fluted would be an absolute flop for a major manufacturer, hence  the reason for ER Shaw.  Easier, cheaper, and you will get exactly what you want.  Seems simple to me along with the fact that a nationaly recognized company is doing the work as opposed to some backyard gunsmith whose products aren't worth anything during resale.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Numrich has new mauser 98 barreled actionsfor a good price.  they are made at the zastava plant in the former yugoslavia.  not sure if they have what you want listed, but giving them a called couldn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Montana Rifleman!!! LH actions long or short stainless or chromoly,most bbl configuration you wish. www.montanarifleman.com The accuracy is supposed to be very respectable, and if you are looking for an entire project gun ask them about the Serengetti packages. Hope this helps. db
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
why don't you just plug in "left handed 30.06" into google, there were a number of possible hits when i tried it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I looked at montana rifleman's site and I liked having the ability to spec every part of the barrel, I got a barreled action and a stock from Richards microfit gunstocks, I cant wait for everything to be produced. Thanks for your help, I thought for a second there I never could get one.

PS. I talked to a remington customer service rep, and she was short with me and did not want to help me in any way what so ever. Honestly, I love my remy 700, but It made me think twice about buying from that company ever again. Whats with people these days
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Give Fred a call at SSS?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:57:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Happy to help, glad that it worked out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top