Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 7:35:23 AM EDT
Love both these guns but the availabitlity, and price, of 5.7 ammo makes me nervous for the p90. Is there anything new going on with this ammo? Let's hear some opinions on both these rifles.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#1]
till they hit the streets, they are vaporware and do not exist.  

If I can't fondle one, I ain't buying one.  The aug is rumored to be LEO only, and who knows when the ps90 is actually coming out with these "FN's got a couple huge .mil contracts" rumors running around.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]

The PS-90's are going to be assembled in Missouri at the Arnold Distribution Center (Browning, USRAC, FN) FN Mfg in Columbia S.C. does all the DOD work . So it really dont matter what mil contracts they are working on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#3]
PS-90's will start shipping in very limited quantities next month with Dec./Jan. 06 as a full production debut.  It will happen, just be patient.  Ammo availability will get better as well with Fiocchi making it for FNH in the U.S.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]
And ammo prices are expected to drop to $15 a box and eventually $10 a box. Now if only NATO would go ahead and adopt 5.7 as an issue round.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
till they hit the streets, they are vaporware and do not exist.  

If I can't fondle one, I ain't buying one.  The aug is rumored to be LEO only, and who knows when the ps90 is actually coming out with these "FN's got a couple huge .mil contracts" rumors running around.

When I bought my Five seveN it was LEO only, I still have the letter.  Didnt stop me from buying, the manufacturer just has to think it wont be resold to civies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

When I bought my Five seveN it was LEO only, I still have the letter.  Didnt stop me from buying, the manufacturer just has to think it wont be resold to civies.

Which is why we are flooded with SIG 55x's and so on.  

The thought of a decent bullpup makes my nipples as hard as anyone else's, but I am not going to hold my breath.  THat and I think Steyr isn't as gung ho as FN is to push the limits and say things while winking etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top