Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 7:33:10 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Dura Coat? I want to do a M4 in coyote brown and it looks easy enough. Let me know.
Thanks in advance for the help
Kikilee
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I did a few guns in od green and black.  
Didnt do my Ar15 yet.  

Make sure you have all the grease and oil off everything.  I like to soak stuff in laquer thinner and hang to dry.  

As for spraying it, its pretty easy to do. i have a paasche air brush and i use light spray so i dont get any runs.  have plenty of ventilation though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
works great , you can bake it or let dry natural , +1 on alot of ventilation
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did a few guns in od green and black.  
Didnt do my Ar15 yet.  

Make sure you have all the grease and oil off everything.  I like to soak stuff in laquer thinner and hang to dry.  

As for spraying it, its pretty easy to do. i have a paasche air brush and i use light spray so i dont get any runs.  have plenty of ventilation though.

What ever you do, do not soak anything that isn't metal in laquer thinner.  It will melt.  DuraCoat makes a great de-greaser that is ok for plastics.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
haha, yeah no plastics in the thinner.

Also, i have used my 870 alot and with alot of rapid fire where i couldnt touch the barrel without being burnt and i havent noticed anything bad with the barrel.  So i dont know why you would use a higher temp duracoat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top