Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:32:35 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting an SKS, and certain models are still legal in Kalifornia.  

Which ones are built better?  Aren't the Chinese and Russian ones supposed to be the best?

Which ones have the chrome-lined barrels?

In what condition can they be found?

What are the different prices?

Can you tell me anything else I need to know?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go:

SKS Forum
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The russian are the cream of the crop,although the chinese and yugo are nice as well.As far as chromed bores,all of them except the yugos have a chromed chamber and bore,however dont let that stop you from buying one.I one atl least one of all of the sks rifles except for a russian,and IMHO the yugos are the best buy in a semiauto rifle on the market right now.Not real impressed with my alby or romainian,I really like my chinese rifles but am partial to the yugos.Buy the best condition yugo you can afford,most problems are with corrosion in the gas system of the lower grades.You will probably be shooting wolf ammo in it that is non corrosive,so no worries about not having a chromed bore.The russians are very nice with a high level of workmenship,however not worth the extra money IMHO unless you are  collector.If you are looking for a shooter,look around for a chinese first,then an unissued yugo if you cant find one in you area.Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Might help

My thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top