Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 1:45:44 PM EDT
I have been thinking of selling my GB 14. It is in a regular stock but I also have a butler creek folder for it. I have 3 Ruger 20 round mags and 1 factory 30 rounder. I have more mags but most are gun show specials ,7 or so in total. It is a stainless steel GB. I've been thinking of selling it so I can buy another Garand from CMP. What would this set up sell for? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
SOG has some for sale.  Check theirs.  Look on auctions also.

It will sell for a lot less now that the ban sunseted.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I have been thinking of selling my GB 14. It is in a regular stock but I also have a butler creek folder for it. I have 3 Ruger 20 round mags and 1 factory 30 rounder. I have more mags but most are gun show specials ,7 or so in total. It is a stainless steel GB. I've been thinking of selling it so I can buy another Garand from CMP. What would this set up sell for? Thanks

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If you got a penny over $300 for it, I'd be greatly surprised.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Get ready to be surprised. Then again, that  probably  happens a lot.  

Southern Ohio Gun had them for around $690. Don't sell all the mags and folder as a package. I'll bet you could get a premium price for the Ruger factory hi-cap mags.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]
$400- 450.00 seems to be the going rate.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
WeeWee,

Where are you located in NC? At Davi's Guns in Raleigh they have a folding stock version for about $1000 no shit. I saw it a few weeks ago and laughed my ass off. They also had OA-93 preban pistols for about $1800 each.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

$300 for a Ruger Mini-14 GB with four factory mags?

Show me where you can get something like that for $300.  I'll take two.  The GB's by themselves - in used condition - sell for ~$450.  Now a non-GB model, those are another story.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

$300 for a Ruger Mini-14 GB with four factory mags?

Show me where you can get something like that for $300.  

Please note I didn't say they're for sale at that price, I meant they wouldn't draw more than that, IMO.
Minis are, shall we say politely, slow sellers on the market. Given that one can buy an AR for not much more than a NIB Mini, why would one buy the Mini? Unless of course one was hellbent on owning said Mini?

Let's let him sell it & then we'll all see what he got for it, providing of course he's truthful with the price. (No slam intended on that!)

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Put it this way:  if he sells what he posted for anything less than $400, I'd snap it up without any thought, and I already have one Mini-14 GB (which I don't even really like).
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the best wat to tell what a 14-GB is worth...  Sold in 4 days from the first nibble.

ARFCOM EE TOPIC
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#10]
www.rlyguns.com/id26.htm

NIB Factory 20r mags were $37.00-40.00 at show last week. Didn't notice any 30r Factory mags...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It sold for $800 in 4 days. Why would you piss in this guy's thread when you don't know what you are talking about ?.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#12]
The non-folder stainless GB in the EE sold for slightly less to someone who just happens to have a factory folding stock with no gun to put it on.  

So, everyones happy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sold for $800 in 4 days. Why would you piss in this guy's thread
I didn't piss in his thread. I did not say gun was worth less than he was asking, I was stating the obvious at how slow & a low price they sell at gun shows.

when you don't know what you are talking about ?.
I've was working gun shows while you were wearing jammies with footsies in them. Aside from that, this is a public forum where anyone can post their opinion. In addition, I'll match my knowledge up against yours any day of the week & only use half my brain & still win going away. Go back to your sandbox, junior.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sold for $800 in 4 days. Why would you piss in this guy's thread
I didn't piss in his thread. I did not say gun was worth less than he was asking, I was stating the obvious at how slow & a low price they sell at gun shows.

when you don't know what you are talking about ?.
I've was working gun shows while you were wearing jammies with footsies in them. Aside from that, this is a public forum where anyone can post their opinion. In addition, I'll match my knowledge up against yours any day of the week & only use half my brain & still win going away. Go back to your sandbox, junior.

Well, everyone except Bob.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The only reason I am thinking of selling it is to buy more Garands from the CMP. The Mini 14 GB is one of the two I am thinking of selling. The other is a Daewoo DR 200. I have been bitten by Garanaites and need to sell one of these so I can buy more. Thanks for all the replys.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well, everyone except Bob.

Hell, I'm happy. I own guns & ammo, why wouldn't *I* be happy????????  

But, I am still surprised!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally posted by bobcole;

Oh, You work at gunshows ?. That explains it.   We all know what a fountain of knowledge gun show "workers" are.

Yes, you are free to post your opinion as am I.  I would just suggest you wait until you actually know something about the subject.

You said the gun was worth $300. It sold for $800 in four days. If this guy had listened to you he would have been out $500.

Insult me all you want , that won't change the fact that you don't know what you are talking about.
People come to this forum for ACCURATE information.

If I want to listen to un-informed, arrogant  opinions, I'll go ask someone that works at a gunshow.

Edited to add,
Sorry, I don't mean to malign all gun show workers, I'm sure there are some very knowledgeable ones out there. Apparently they are just rarer than a $300 Mini-14 GB.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#18]
This is an entertaining thread  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Oh, You work at gunshows ?. That explains it.   We all know what a fountain of knowledge gun show "workers" are.
As well as worked the gun shop, bought & sold & shot guns for almost 30 years now as well as served as a machinegunner in the Marines. What are your creds, sir????????

You said the gun was worth $300. It sold for $800 in four days. If this guy had listened to you he would have been out $500.
Go back & read it again. I never said what it was worth, I wrote what I thought it would sell for. Huge difference for those who read & write English, sir.

Insult me all you want ,
Insult you? No, I gave back what I got from you.

If I want to listen to un-informed, arrogant  opinions, I'll go ask someone that works at a gunshow.
Or talk to yourself.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally posted by bobcole;
I've was working gun shows while you were wearing jammies with footsies in them.

Go back & read it again. I never said what it was worth, I wrote what I thought it would sell for. Huge difference for those who read & write English, sir.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you really want to bring reading & writing skills into this too ?. Okay, your English skills appear to be on par with what you know about firearms values.

You want to impress me with your firearms knowledge ?. Find me one online resource where you can buy a stainless steel Mini 14 GB with two stocks and Ruger factory mags for $300.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top