Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:33:48 AM EDT
I want to get a long gun but due to the only shooting range near me only allowing pistol calibers, I've been thinking of getting a semi-auto subgun. I really like the mp5 design but are any of the clones of decent quality? It seems like the only clones I hear about are the terrible quality spechul weepons models. So does anyone make a good quality mp5 clone? Or what about other semi sub gun clones, besides mp5s?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
the RF 5 should be decent if it shows up sometime

honestly why not get a 9mm conversion for an AR?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I liked the HK USC, even in PC grey and 10-round single stack mags but they're discontinued and fetching scalper's prices now.  I was hoping for an evil post-ban version, but I think HK has grown tired of trying to appease US lawmakers.
Pistol-caliber AR's just seem hokey to me, with the mag blocks and sten mags (or ridiculously expensive Colt mags).  Same goes for the USC high-cap recievers.
If I HAD to buy a pistol-caliber carbine right now, I think I'd get a Storm.  None of the sex appeal of an MP5, but it doesn't cost a couple of grand either.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I want to get a long gun but due to the only shooting range near me only allowing pistol calibers, I've been thinking of getting a semi-auto subgun. I really like the mp5 design but are any of the clones of decent quality? It seems like the only clones I hear about are the terrible quality spechul weepons models. So does anyone make a good quality mp5 clone? Or what about other semi sub gun clones, besides mp5s?

I have a SW5 and it works fine.  You can't buy them now anyway.  BW builds clones which have had good reports.  There are no mp5 clones out there not currently built on Special Weapons receivers and parts (well... maybe you can still find the straight blow-back POS by Vulcan).   You might be able to buy a receiver and have one built as well.

Some places might have a SW5 or BW5 gun for rent you could try.  I'd try to send a few rounds downrange before making your final decision.  YMMV.

Cheers
Ken
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top