Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 8:07:50 PM EDT
1.  What is the finish like on these?  Is it like factory IMI?

2.  Can you order one of these in SBR form from the factory and do a Form 4? I dont  want to file a form 1 for SBR build, get it engraved, and then worry about refinishing.

3.  What receivers are these built on? IMI?

4.  Can these be converted to select fire to original factory UZI specs (not conversion bolts, etc.), if Form 1s for MGs are approved again in the future?

5.  Anything else I need to know?

Scott
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
1.  What is the finish like on these?  Is it like factory IMI?

2.  Can you order one of these in SBR form from the factory and do a Form 4? I dont  want to file a form 1 for SBR build, get it engraved, and then worry about refinishing.

3.  What receivers are these built on? IMI?

4.  Can these be converted to select fire to original factory UZI specs (not conversion bolts, etc.), if Form 1s for MGs are approved again in the future?

5.  Anything else I need to know?

1. ???  
2. i think you can.
3. IIRC they're imi or group industries, you can choose which one you want.
4. probably not very easily.  you're dreaming anyway.
5. www.uzitalk.com

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to their website for more details but:

-Fit and finish are supposedly very good from what I have heard.
-You CAN order it with an SBR direct from the factory(but you have to wait a looooong time, I am impatient so I will order it and maybe SBR it later and still shoot it in the mean time.)
-Built on IMI or Heat treated group industries receivers.(Get the heat treated vector uzi)
-Most parts from select fire uzi parts kits will not work, my friend said he found that out the hard way.

Anything else to know?

Yeah, Vector has great customer service and makes a great product, all of their firearms come with a one year warranty.Try getting a warranty from IMI, for about 1/2 the price you are getting one hell of a shooter. If you want it for a collection get an IMI original but if you want to use it and abuse it get the Vector.

I will be placing my order as soon as my FFL sends his signed in ink copy.

Check out Uzitalk.com for more information.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would I want a Group Industries receiver?  Wouldn't an IMI be more authentic?

Also, do the SBR versions have that barrel ring that prevents the use of a standard SMG barrel?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I have been told, even though it is an IMI receiver it will still have Vector stamped on it. I would prefer the heat treated Group industries receiver, not to mention the parkerizing is a dark grey. It is not black like an original IMI so there won't be really anything authentic about it besides the shape.

As far as the barrel ring, I believe so. The barrels on a SMG and Semi uzi are different so that way no one could monkey around with a semi auto uzi and make it select fire without extensive machining including removing a block in the lower. As far as I know the barrel on a SBR'd uzi is just a cut down 16" barrel. Otherwise you would have to machine the barrel ring out of the receiver which I am pretty sure is only legal by a class II license holder.

If any of this info is wrong someone please jump in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
From what I have been told, even though it is an IMI receiver it will still have Vector stamped on it. I would prefer the heat treated Group industries receiver, not to mention the parkerizing is a dark grey. It is not black like an original IMI so there won't be really anything authentic about it besides the shape.

Are the IMI receivers model A or B?

As far as the barrel ring, I believe so. The barrels on a SMG and Semi uzi are different so that way no one could monkey around with a semi auto uzi and make it select fire without extensive machining including removing a block in the lower. As far as I know the barrel on a SBR'd uzi is just a cut down 16" barrel. Otherwise you would have to machine the barrel ring out of the receiver which I am pretty sure is only legal by a class II license holder.

If any of this info is wrong someone please jump in.

If this is true, then I will definately not be getting one of these.  I don't understand why anyone would want one of these SBRs if they can't use the quick change barrel feature of the UZI to swap real UZI barrels.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Doing some further investigation I found out the following:

Vector's GI heat treated receivers use the model "A" sights.
IMI receivers use the model "B" sights.
So when I place my order I will be getting it with the IMI receiver because the model "B" sights are better.

As far as the barrel restricter, it can be machined out of the receiver. That way you can use SMG barrels, I don't believe there are any laws against machining out the resticter ring but then again I dont own an uzi and do not know for 100%.

Click here for details on barrel restricter
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe all Vector guns come with a 5 year warranty.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Were the Uzis used by the IDF model A or B specs?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Were the Uzis used by the IDF model A or B specs?

Neither- the Model A and B are not mil-spec.

Model A was IMI's first bunch/group of SEMI uzi's brought into the country.  They were closest to the fully automatic mil-spec uzi but they still had some internal changes-- most notably closed bolt operation versus open bolt operation and trigger group changes.  Eventually, they went to Model B.  This model was further away from the true mil-spec uzi internally-- mainly to stop full auto conversions that were done relatively easily on the Model A.  They did stick bigger sites on the Model B.  These sites are better for shooting- but they're not original.

Check out Uzitalk for more in-depth information between the Model A and the Model B.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Purpose of the "barrel ring" is to prevent easy installation of a short barrel.  If registered as a SBR, it may be removed.

I will not give details, for obvious reasons, but conversion to FA if the law is ever changed is not a big deal.  The "conversion bolt" is actually a good system UNLESS you want multiple calibers.

I just delivered the LAST FA Uzi Vector sold.  Very nice gun, good finish - dark gray.  I did not fire my customer's new gun but he will be back with it & I will report on how it runs.  No doubt will be flawless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top