Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:09:25 AM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with the 2x 'ers? I have decided upon the Aimpoint platform, but dont know if I should go w/ 1x or 2x.  Please Help!

JH94
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]

I have no personal experiencewith a 2x AImpoint but have read some posts here where the guys don't seem to like them.  Consensus seems to be to go with the ACOG if you want magnification.

I can speak for the 1x Aimpoint...mine has been great.

GoodLuck
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks BJWar,

This entire 2x kick came from a hog hunt last month.  I needed the extra magnification, and I saw that Aimpoint had these...........go figure that they aren't popular.

BTW, this will be mounted on a M14 BHD clone.

JH94
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't get the 2x, it seems I recall Aimpoint testing a zoom module that is 3x that will work with the normal Aimpoint units...I don't have anything to back this up but I saw it on this site somewhere...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't get the 2x, it seems I recall Aimpoint testing a zoom module that is 3x that will work with the normal Aimpoint units...I don't have anything to back this up but I saw it on this site somewhere...

It was on display at the infantry conference.
There was a long thread in the AR15 forum. Do a search there. It was posted by dennysguns. IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever you do, do NOT get the 2x Aimpoint.  

It sucks.  

FOV is non-existent.  

2x is truly teh suxor.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top