Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 1:10:02 PM EDT
Are these rifles as good as they look or are they over-rated?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My mom picked one up a while back... superb rifle but .22 mags were really expensive, nevertheless the gun itself.

I don't think it comes down to "is it worth the money", it comes down to "do you have the money?"

-BG

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one of the .22 Hunter rifles for a couple of years now and it is a joy to shoot.  At 50 yards, I can consistently get 10 shot groups of about .75" - which is very good for me.  They are also very nice looking - nice blueing and choice walnut stocks.

On the downside, the chamber is off-bore of the receiver and the ejector sticks up quite a ways in the receiver - making this a very difficult rifle to clean as you have to hold the ejector down while you insert the cleaning rod and you can't use a coated rod because the ejector will scrape the coating right off.

Knowing what I know now though, I would buy another one in a heartbeat.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a new 308 deer gun and I was torn between this and a tikka t3, still can't decide.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My Dad has a Kimber 84C .223 and it is a fine rifle.  It is a single shot but it is a wonderful rifle.
I too really want a .308 Kimber. I like the .308 Kimbers short barrel and balance.
Kimber rifles are as good as they look.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I consider Kimber bolt actions to be top of the line. No question in my mind.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know about the new ones, but the originals were works of art. The .22's put any Winchester 52 Sporter I have seen...and I have seen several... to shame and the centerfires are the equal or better of the very best from Europe!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Kimber sporterized model 96 mauser.  It's an interesting gun, and in an oddity caliber (.22-250).  The action is smooth (considering it's swedish) and the heavy fluted barrel is nice.  I like it - tis a nice gun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top