Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:31:34 PM EDT
Irecently was a told of a new cleaning fluid I think he called it CLS.  This was a freind of a co-worker fresh from Afghanistan in full uniform.  What surpriesd me is he actually had a small plastic container of the stuff so I guess it was issued to him.  But he said he maintained and cleaned his service and personal weapons with it.  I normally use a combo of Gun Scrubber Rem Oil and a bore solvent.  He said this stuff eliminates the need for the scrubber and oil and wont effect the barrel negatively if it gets in it.  He said he used it to to strip that packing/storage grease off an Enfeild and Mosin with ease.  If you know what I'm talkin about you know removing this shit takes several thourough scrubs and cleanings as it is not advisable to operate the weapon with this stuff on it.  I'm fairly sure the name I used CLS is close but wrong, what is it called and is it widley available?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Break Free CLP maybe?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds right I remember he said something about walmart carrying it I guess it is not in the sporting goods area?  Ever clean a gun with it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
CLP, its cleans, lubricates and protects
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I take it that is a reccomendation, right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I take it that is a reccomendation, right?

Works good for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top