Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:31:35 PM EDT
Well some of my lecture classes are just boring so I spend time drawing away. I manly draw firearm conversions like a BAR clone out of a Saiga rifle or a STG-44 from a M96 Carbine. Recently I have sketched up a need looking fire arm. Basically a Cobray 10 with a cocking handle on the left hand side and a side folding stock. Being dirt cheap (and the R22 isn’t out yet). Would putting a stock on a Cobray constitute a SBR? Can it be done (legally?), Can pistols (that’s what it is right?) have stocks? What does an M96 cost ?

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If it doesn't meet the length requirements and you put a stock on it then it's a short barreled rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
But is it a Pistol or AOW to start with? DO they make Cobray Carbines? Can a Carbine become a pistol, or would that make it a SBR/AOW... damn things are so confusing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You cant put a stock on a pistol unless you make the barrel 16" or longer. A number of places sell carbine uppers and stocks for M11/MAC 10 type weapons.

You can buy a M11 or other Cobray type carbines.   They are not noted for thier reliability.

I suspect a whole new generation of these type weapons will emerge since the demise of the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#4]
So I could buy a M11/MAC 10 as a pistol (about $150 is it?) and then buy a Carbine upper (another $50-70) and have the two inter switch-able with no legal issues? Pistol one day, Stocked Carbine the next?

Reliability, accuracy and weight with something like this is hardly an issue, I just want to tear it apart and play with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with P38. A pistol can be made into a rifle and then back to pistol but a rifle can't be made into a pistol.

Hey P38, have you seen the MAC 9 that is coming out that uses standard Sten gun mags? That would be the one I would get.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#7]
scan the pic of the BAR clone I might just want one of those.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top