Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 9:41:14 PM EDT
i am looking at getting some 10 round mags from john masen mfg. has anyone tried them? i have tried pro mag,eagle,usa and those did not work. please only post if YOU have tried the mags.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you buying that crap when factory Ruger LEO only mags will be available to citizens next week?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
i am looking at getting some 10 round mags from john masen mfg. has anyone tried them? i have tried pro mag,eagle,usa and those did not work. please only post if YOU have tried the mags.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
i am a cali inmate. that is the limit that "god" has set for us.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have got...

Masen
Triple K------new style that looks like Factory mags---Mini14 and 30
ProMag------new style that looks like Factory mags---Mini14 and 30

All fit and function fine in my GB and 30

Slight fitting is pretty much a given on aftermarket mags for Mini's.

The top aft outer edges might need a slight radius and the bottom of latch plate might need to be raised.

The ProMag for the GB needed .010 trimmed on bottom of latch plate for the mag to "snick" into position without forcing it-----------------------------
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why are you buying that crap when factory Ruger LEO only mags will be available to citizens next week?

Don't hold your breath waiting for Ruger to sell highcap rifle mags to the public...!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry.  I forgot about that.

There are several threads about those Masen ten rounders over on Mini-14 magazine section of the www.perfectunion.com site.

Some with pictures even. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
i am a cali inmate. that is the limit that "god" has set for us.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd probably turn blue waiting for Ruger to do it.

There are several outfits selling Ruger factory 20 round LEO mags after the ban sunset.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't hold your breath waiting for Ruger to sell highcap rifle mags to the public...!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd probably turn blue waiting for Ruger to do it.

There are several outfits selling Ruger factory 20 round LEO mags after the ban sunset.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are you buying that crap when factory Ruger LEO only mags will be available to citizens next week?[/quo

I found several dealers today at the gun show with 20rnd leo mags...just waitng till the 13th
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]

I found several dealers today at the gun show with 20rnd leo mags...just waitng till the 13th

Center, What were the guys in your area going to be asking for the mags after Monday?

Thanks, Keith
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well that's encouraging!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Here you go.  20 rd LEO factory mag's for $32.

Factory Mags
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard Ruger ain't gonna sell standard cap mags to civilians at all... and no side folding stocks, either....  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Center, What were the guys in your area going to be asking for the mags after Monday?

Thanks, Keith

Keith

Not sure on price as they really didnt say (nor did I ask )
But I THINK there is another show next month IF they still have some I will check out the price for you.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Stay away from the J Masen mags.  I have 4 mags that are useless and just plain crap.  The fit was way off and the finish on them is peeling off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#14]
You might wanna try PMI mags from CDNN Investments. They are rather good. Good finish, fit, and function.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard Ruger ain't gonna sell standard cap mags to civilians at all... and no side folding stocks, either...

PMI mags.

Good, their folder was not nearly as good as either Butler Creek or Choate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#16]
The company listed in the link above does NOT have ANY Ruger mfg. mags in stock. I was told that Ruger has not made any stainless mags. in any capacity for 10+ years. The person I spoke with also said it would be "weeks" before any of the blued Ruger mags. showed up.

WTF ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#17]
At Market Hall show, I saw at least two vendors selling NIB (white box)  Ruger 20rd mags for $35.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top