Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 3:05:13 PM EDT
Don't know if this is the right place to ask but can anyone give me a ballpark value of:

AR-15 SP1  - 20 roundds fired thru it - like new condition - no bumps or bruises.  Caged flash supressor and bayonet mount - NO Forward Assist.  5 digit serial number.

Cordura sling

Milspec BiPod with carrying case

13 ea 20 round magazines - all in new condition
1 ea 30 round magazine - new condition

Military issue ammo belt with 4 ea 3 magazine carriers

Milspec In-Stock cleaning kit

Many thanks to anyone who can give me an Idea.  Getting ready to retire "again" and can't be hauling it around.

Feel free to respond here or directly to my E- Mail addy.

Thanks All  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say at a minimum it'd fetch $900...........minimum.  To a collector, esp. a Colt AR collector, it may fetch upward of $1,500 give or take.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It would have gotten alot more if sold two years ago, lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It would have gotten alot more if sold two years ago, lol

By the lol and smiley, I assume you're joking.  Those who truly do feel this way, however, are usually guys who either ONLY want an AR for a shooter, or guys who can't afford a true collectable and only want to shit on people selling such for prices obviously out of their price range, and therefore pull out that tired and played out argument "Oh, well, I wouldn't pay X for that when I can get a postban for Y dollars".  As I'm sure you know, the SPI was the first AR available for commercial sale to civilians (here's where we hear about the Armalite being the first, etc., etc.), and will never be made again, esp one stamped "AR 15".  I'll now don my flame retardant suit for all the Colt bashers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top