Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 10:42:34 AM EDT
Took the PTR-91 out today for it's maiden run. I got this used, but unfired, about a month ago. It's a low serial number one. I was using the Aussie .308 surplus. I know that some of the low serial numbered PTR's had tight, match chambers that made using surplus impossible.

Than was not the case here. The gun ran 100%, totally reliable. It has a Tasco 3-9 by 42 scope on it and a Tapco HK copy claw mount and STANAG rail. I did not go with high end optics yet, because if the gun was a lemon, I did not want to have a ton of money in it..

The Tapco mount is not the airsoft version, but a cast and machined mount...I was leary of it, but it was 100% flawless and rock steady.

The rifle-

The conditions was cool, in the upper 60's, with a light to gusty wind, about 8-12mph. I was shooting off a bench at 100 yards. This was private property.

Ammo was the Aussie .308, 1989 stamp. 144gr

The Target-

I had boresighted the rifle, prior to heading out. In the target pic, the lower right hand group was to check my boresight. On another target, not shown, I dialed it in. I then, on other targets, shot for groups, each time fine tuning.

On this pic I shot for final groups. I wanted to have a target that had the boresite zero and the final zero on it togther.

All in all, a excellent day. The PTR is a keeper. However I will be looking for a lower profile scope mount. Nothing wrong with the Tapco one, just too high...and a new scope...a Super Sniper I think...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Dog, how much did your new smoke pole cost if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I got it used, but unfired at a local shop for $525...with the mount, rings and optic I have about $630 or so in it...

A customer had the shop get the gun..then his wife had a shit fit over it and he returned it....even though it was unfired, their policy is that even if the gun was unfired, it was still in private hands for a while...thus a used gun..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top