Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 4:04:46 PM EDT
Awesome toy-er, gun!  My wife loves it...
Anyone know when they will make the .45?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot, I thought by now they'd have the .40 and .45 versions out...  

I'd probably still get the 9mm, just for a fun gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you like it?   I was toying with the idea of a 9mm plinker.... 9s are cheap to feed :)

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
They told me a couple months ago that the 45acp version wouldn't be out until sometime in October, but things may have changed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been getting the itch for a storm. How do you like it. Have you tried it with a 30rd magazine. I heard they have issues. I wonder if they will come out with an afterban version. Folding stock and a flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I fondled one at the fun show yesterday.  I think I'll go with a Vector Arms Uzi.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I absolutely love it, but my wife adores it!  (and she has been tough to convince to go shooting for the entire 13 years we been married!).

So, basically for around $550 I have a gun my wife loves to shoot, is accurate with, and is a fairly good home defense weapon (aside from the limitations of 9mm.)

At this point, her glock is worthless, the Storm is pure gold.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I absolutely love it, but my wife adores it!  (and she has been tough to convince to go shooting for the entire 13 years we been married!).

So, basically for around $550 I have a gun my wife loves to shoot, is accurate with, and is a fairly good home defense weapon (aside from the limitations of 9mm.)

Doesn't the longer barrel and increased velocity make for fewer 9mm "limitations"?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to give it a little more time on the market but I think it would make an excellent carbine to SBR and then fit it with a suppressor.  I'm curious to see what Beretta does after the ban concerning factory 20 and 30 round mags for this thing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think it would make an excellent carbine to SBR and then fit it with a suppressor.  

i was under the impression you couldn't do it b/c of the import ban?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been drooling over reading up on them ever since they came out.  I finally got one a couple of weeks ago (anniversary gift from Mrs. HardShell! ) and I love it.  500 rounds in my first range session with it:  one FTF in one of the first few magazines then nary a hiccup, even with 30-round aftermarket mags.  I'm out of town at a conference all this week (i.e., won't be shooting), so I left it with my gunsmith so he could reverse the mag-release button for me.  I have already ordered and received several accessories (top, bottom, & side rails; folding front grip, extra charging handle) for it and look forward to installing and testing them (along with a red-dot & light) in the next few weeks.

BTW:  What are y'all shooting in it?  Mine seemed to shoot the tightest groups (iron sights, 25 yards) with the +P+ Speer loads.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it would make an excellent carbine to SBR and then fit it with a suppressor.  

i was under the impression you couldn't do it b/c of the import ban?

Is the Storm made in Italy and imported?  I was under the impression that it was made right here in the good 'ol USA just like my 92FS was.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope... built in italy.
I actually bought mine in NY and took it back into canada...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't the longer barrel and increased velocity make for fewer 9mm "limitations"?

I have to admit, I am no expert on ballistics, so I basically consider the wisdom of those on the board for that statement.  Didn't mean to pee in your oatmeal, the 9 mm is a fine round, served in many wars, etc.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to admit, I am no expert on ballistics, so I basically consider the wisdom of those on the board for that statement.  Didn't mean to pee in your oatmeal, the 9 mm is a fine round, served in many wars, etc.  

No, see he is not arguing the point but rather trying to point out your error in a very nice way. If you use NATO or 124gr +P rounds the Storm is a very lethal carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top