Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 2:52:53 AM EDT
OK...short but sweet... my feed ramp is being stuck on the bottom during cycling...anyone have similar probs and any clue how to fix?...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a complete disassemble.
Check for burrs, weak/broken springs, broken/worn parts, or other damage.

Give everything a GOOD cleaning, re-lube and re-assemble.

If it's still sticking, troubleshoot the operation, step-by-step until you ID the exact problem area.

DO NOT start replacing or altering parts until you're 100% SURE what the ACTUAL problem is.

This is how a gunsmith does it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I was hoping for the abridged version but thank you... I am not a gunsmith... so I am not about to take apart an action on a 2 day old rifle..=) just wondering if anyone had the same problem and found it to be something foreign or something in the action...

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of bullets are you using? My buddy has a Win 94 44mag/spl. He's a reloader so he tried the semi-round nose/flat point type of bullets, and didn't have any probs feed them. Its the semi-wadcutters with the tiny shoulder that gets caught in the feed mechanism.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have tried loading up a few different rounds...both hollow points and semi-wads... I am not even getting to the point where the semi-wads would have a problem... the ramp isnt raising up to get the round to the chamber...

I was over at B&J Guns today for a little while talking to Brian and Mike... they had a 9410 there which I got to do the same problem... but it cleared itself... now that Mike (gunsmith) has seen the problem he had remembered a previous person having same problem which was a small amount of packing material causing it. I havent been home yet to take a look but I was told to look both for that and for excessive packing grease that could have hardened...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Problem fixed...

FYI!!!!

If you buy one of the newer 94s DO NOT put on the hammer extension...it hits against the upper receiver and does not allow the hammer all the way back which puts the rail up...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you like that rifle?  I have been thinking of getting one of the Trappers.  I usually don't like lever actions, but it seems like a good backpacking/truck gun.  The last 94 I had was a pretty little gun, but the action was terribly rough and I could not hit anything with it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I havent shot it yet...but the action is "newly" rough still... if you figure matching a .44cal with a light rifle... you have quite a monster shooter... I would say fit and finish for it is nice... not superb , but what you would expect for a <$400 rifle... I personally bought it because the shop I work at is closing.. we had over 1000 rounds of reload 44mag that we would have eaten...so I got the gun at a discount and the rounds for $70 (GOOD reloads)... I will be trying to shoot sometime this week and I will post about how I like it...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
ADDITION...

if you are looking for a good pack gun get one of the Kel-Tecs in .40cal... supersmall when folded and packs a good hit with Hydrashoks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top