Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 6:08:35 PM EDT
 I just got this .32 revolver marked
" US revolver co. "  It is in good shape with about a 3 inch barrel , appears to be nickle finish , 5 shot .32 S&W ammo . small black grips marked US . Break open from the top .

How old is it ?
Anyone know anything about these ???
Shooter or keeper/collector or take it to the next police trade in ??? Take it in at the next gun show maybe ??

Might be a cool pocket gun .
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It is an Iver Johnson. U. S. Revolver was the branding that they put on their budget line of revovers. They were made in top break and conventional models in a variety of barrel lengths with both hammered and hammerless models. IIRC, the brand was used up until the 1930s but also goes back to about 1910. All models were post black powder so they shouold stand up to LIGHT modern loads.

I'd get it checked by a gunsmith before shooting it. They were never meant to lots of use, more an inexpensive pocket gun.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool , thanks sig 230 . I tried looking it up in a book I got and thought it looked an awlful lot like an old Iver Johnson or maybe Smith & wesson . This is a hammered version .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top