Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 8:45:10 AM EDT
Do you have any complaints about it yet? Like reliablilty?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No complaints here, only praise.  It's accurate, reliable, small and fast handling.  

If I have any complaints, it's with Beretta themselves.  It's my understanding that accessories like site rails, extra pic rails, etc won't be available until April or so.

I guess it just gives me and my CX4 time to "know" each other.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No complaints yet. About 500 rds down the barrel and not 1 Hiccup. Shooting range re-loads and Wallyworld white box and accuracy is great. Can't wait to drop a holosight on it or get some trijicon sights.
Worked really well with corbon , and hydrashock ammo too. So far it gobbles up everything I can stuff into a magazine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard a guy around here has some in stock for $519.  I'm really tempted...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They have me really intruiged, but for the price I think I would rather have a Bushmaster M-17S
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard a guy around here has some in stock for $519.  I'm really tempted...

Could you email me with his name & number?  I would greatly appreciate it as I'm going to be picking on of these up and the price sounds very good.

Thanks,
Kevin
[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I still like mine, but I could/have changed a couple things....

The forearm is kinda thin and slippery.

I know it's just 9mm, but mine has a strange recoil sensation on my check...rattle my teeth more like it's a larger caliber.

I actually did a mod to change my forearm issue. I added a M203 style forearm/grip from a DPMS Tuber handguard. It actually looks pretty cool and all I did was drill and tap the front sling swivel in the process. I also added a fake can to the skinny barrel. I finished it up last night...no pics yet. Some will think it is stupid, but I have about $10 invested in the mods....and no permanent changes to the storm.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Please post pics when you can.  I think the gun really needs a vertical grip and the fake can would only help the looks IMO.

Kevin
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#8]
hey accomplice... I have to ask the guy that told me about it... I can't remember who he said here in Austin that has some... but I remembered the price... I'll holla when I hear back from him.

I'm seriously thinking about trying to pick one of these up in the next few months...

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Matthew.  That is the best price I've seen on these bad boys.  It must be close to dealer cost.  

BTW, any FFLs on here care to divulge what dealer cost is?

Kevin
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I finished the forearm and the fake can. I am on vacation until Monday. I will borrow the work digital camera and take some pics and post them on Tuesday.

I know that dealer was $460 area through Jerry's Sport Center...this was, however, 6 months before the were ever available and JSC decided not to carry them. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Take it with a grain of salt

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#12]
How did you secure the fake can onto the barrel?  Since you cannot legally thread the barrel did you use setscrews?  What material did you use for the can?  You did one hell of a job good-lookin gun.  I love the forearm grip.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE:
Have had some problems with American made Factory mags not staying in the gun. A tiny touch of file work on the mags took care of the issue and mags still work 100% in my 92fs handgun.
So far only issude I have had with my storm. BTW Italian mags seem to all work.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you very much Yankeediver,

If you notice the 2 ugly screw heads under the front rail....these are what holds the fake can in place. I did this apposed to set screws because I wanted to be able to change it back (I doubt I ever will) without scratching/maring and finish. I will try to find different screws that won't seem so protrusive. I have more pics that I can e-mail you if you'd like.....e-mail me at [email protected]

The only problem is that I currently can't attach anything to the rail...ex. laser, flashlight. This doesn't bother me, because I had no plans of doing so.

Oh....I built the can out of nylon...it turns real nice on my little lathe and it dyes jet black with simple Rit dye in you oven over night....it threads nicely too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top