Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2003 9:57:31 PM EDT
What do you think about this?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice Rifle.  Good price as well.  I would see if some of the accessories come with it, but you would never use any of them anyway, so it is not that big of a deal. A bayonet would be nice though. You never know when you will have to finish off a groundhog or bear or something.

This is the early milled all milled version, much tougher if you must "butt stroke" someone.
(Carefull with doing that, you can crush a skull in one shot with one of these.)

The wood is nice. It looks like the Teak wood stocks that I have.  That is good as it is tough as hell.  It's the same wood the navy used on the decks of battleships.  It also will not splinter.  It is about 2 pounds heavier than a regular laminated stock, but this heps to reduce recoil.

M-48's are getting hard to find, especially in this condition.  Most rifles now are M-48A's.

If it were me, and I was looking fo a good Mauser, I would jump on this one.  The Yugo steel is stronger than the German steel.

The only bad part is that the receiver is shorter than a German receiver, so if you want to convert it later (please don't) you must keep it within a caliber shorter than  _ X 57mm.

Hope this helps.

It
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, this helps! I am going to order right now. Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to help.
Top Top