Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2003 7:07:34 PM EDT
I have been a lurker at KTOG for a few months now trying to get a feel on how the new plastic 380ACP pistol is going.  So far all I learned is that most of them are pretty messed up comming from the factory.  Any one have one and can you get the accesories for it yet like the crome slide and extra magazines?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have held one. My buddy at the shop who had it said he shot that one and he was going to stick with the 32 as the recoil of the 380 was not comfortable at all.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:06:24 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice piece.  I have 2.  One has become my steady carry piece - Summers anyway.  They are nice, though very simple (no slide hold back, for example).  The other one has a slight problem in that the magazine does not pop out like the other.  May be a break in issue or may necessitate a drive over to the factory.

Recoil is firm to stiff, given the low mass of the pistol, but yoou can't negate the laws of physics (on this earth anyway).  Let's face it, it's an emergency gun: a carry piece which comes out only in the extreme circumstance.  Basically, I consider it a belly gun.  As such, it is superior to the .32 because of the widder variety of ammo for it.  I use the Winchester "self defense" loads, basically the follow on to black talon -incredible expansion.    

In a warm climate, there are many times when one needs the smaller carry gun.  I use this one with the clip, and put it in the waistband, it's invisible.  The clip is $10. and the shop installed it for me.  They did not have extra magazines, though I'd guess those can be ordered from the factory.  The guy at the shop said eventually they'd have them, but also guessed they'd be a while.

On the whole, I recommend it for light clothing.  Normally, I carry a small .45 in a pocket holster (S&W 945 micro; "Andrew's Leather "  pocket holster).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top