Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 7:03:18 AM EDT
the reason for the question is that i want an ar-10 but really dont wanna pay the large price for the whole gun if this helps the ar15 i have is a bushmaster ar-15 with a 22inch barrel and a rubber stock.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No.  AR15 and AR10 uppers and lowers are a different dimension.

If you wish to have an AR10 you need to buy the whole thing.

One way to possiby save a bit of money is to get an Eagle Arms AR10 lower.  Then buy the  Armalite upper of choice.  They are owned by Armalite and it will fit.

Do NOT buy ASA.  DPMS might be OK (don't know) but high cap mags are from the SR25 system.  Meaning if there are any significant quantities of them sold the mags will rise from the current level of about $100-125 each.

One other alternative is the SEBR deal going on here now.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
how much would all that set me back because i am on a tight budget...can you give me the price of building mine or the price of buying a prebuilt
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
If your budget is tight, maybe you need to examine what youi really want.

If you want a target/sniper level accuracy semi-auto 308 rifle, there AIN'T cheap.  No getting around it.  And an AR10T is king here (well, except the ultra-expensive SR25).

A AR10T with mags and MATCH  ammo (no point shooting surplus in that baby) will be a big expense.  I don't see getting it setup with scope and mags and some  ammo less than $2000.  Probably more like $2500 when a ll said and done.  Go to Quantico Arms.  They seem to have good prices.

If you really want that accuracy and don't want to spend so much get a bolt action rifle.  WAY cheaper and just as accurate.

But if you are just looking for a semi-auto battlerifle in 308, rethink your decision.  A FAL will run you less dinero and mags are cheap and it will run on surplus ammo.  DSA makes nice ones but you really should go to the special forums here to talk more.  There is a FAL forum and an AR10 forum.  Both will be biased but hey, nothing wrong with that.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, as is always the case, you need to tell us what you want the gun to do in order for anyone to make a recomendation. jimmybcool
gave you some great general advice, but you'll have to fill us in to get more specific.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks all of you are the nicest of any forums ive ever been in by the way check out my baby ar-15 http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/cracky/Good_pic.JPG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top