Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 7:20:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I haven't shot one, but I did see a couple in a local dealer's shop. Henry Firearms also makes a lever-action .17HMR that looks to be a lot of fun. It has a cantilever scope base. I've never owned a lever-action rifle, but borrowed a friend's Henry .22LR once to go squirrel hunting. Needless to say, I got my limit of 5 squirrels in one hour. I ended up buying one of the Savage bolt-action .17HMR rifles, but haven't had a chance to hunt with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a limit? I could just pop 'em in my backyard

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I also just got the Savage bolt gun. Love the little Hummer round. Lots of fun to shoot. The 17gr. V-Max round looks really tiny next to the Black Hills 50gr. .223 V-Max Round. Winchester also has a really nice looking and really really spendy 1885 Low Wall 17 HMR. Like $936 list!    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top