Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 7:17:21 AM EDT
I'm looking at a Remington Model 700 ADL synthetic  in .270, and I was wondering if a blind magazine or a hinged floor plate magazine would be better since I can choose either one for the base price. Your help would be appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The ADL has the blind magazine, the BDL has the hinged floorplate. The hinged floorplate is a nice thing. If you get a jam in the magazine, you can clear it by dumping everything out of the bottom. Also, there are  a bunch of aftermarket companies that make upgraded bottom metal for the BDL action. They do require some fitting, but would lend a ton of strength to the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
For the exact same price, the BDL version with the floorplate would be worth it. I have 5 Remington 700's. One blind (ADL), the other four with the floorplate. Depending on the kind of hunting or shooting you plan to do, it might not matter, but for the same price I'd opt for the floorplate (BDL) which is more convenient.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top