Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 12:50:33 PM EDT
Hey all,
I'm a newbie when it comes to M1's, and have a couple of questions.  I have a friend who has an M1 for sale.  It has a Springfield Armory (USGI) rec, a barrel marked 6/44, and down by the trigger housing is stamped WRA.  The gun is in pretty good shape overall.  There are a couple of dents in the wood, the metal seems to be in good shape with normal looking wear on the gas piston.  He's asking $500 is this a reasonable price?  Are there any other things I should look for when I take another look at the rifle?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me. Not far from what the CMP was selling them for.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 He's asking $500 is this a reasonable price?  Are there any other things I should look for when I take another look at the rifle?

Thanks in advance

Yep, that's a good price. Get it, before it's gone. BTW, the WRA stands for 'Winchester Repeating Arms'. It sounds like the trigger mechanism was made by Winnie.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it's a good price. I see junkers priced at $700-800 at gun shows & no one buys them. I'm glad  got mine back in the late 1980s.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#4]
For that much, if you know it functions, it's a decent price.  I'd get it, then send it to Tony at Orion 7 for a thorough inspection, and have him replace the springs and any worn parts.  

Everyone should have at least 1 M1 in their stable... get it... the prices will only go UP from here!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top